Paying monthly for wdw trip?

mrsdash

<font color=CC66CC>I'm a hunny of a bear!<br><font
Exactly how do you go about paying for your room monthly? That really seems like something that would help get us to dw quicker, thanks:bounce::bounce:

You just send Disney a note w/your ressie #, Hotel, Dates and name/address. They'll apply your payment to your reservation. You don't have to pay a whole night either. Make sure you request that they send an updated confirmation.

Ok I'm slow lol, So I make my ressie by phone and then what?:o :o :o

You will need to pay for your first night when you call and make your reservation. You can give them an AMEX card over the phone, or another CC or check by mail. Your confirmation will have all the information on it you will need to pre-pay.

After your initial deposit is received, you send them how ever much you want, whenever you want. I do it every trip. As soon as we return home from WDW, we call the next day and book for the next year. Then every week, or month, whatever i feel like, i just send them a check, or fax them my CC info. Then when its time to go, its paid for. I figure out the total amount due and just divide by 12 months, so i know what i need to send them every month to be paid off before we leave. Sometimes i send more, sometimes less. I have this trip paid for except for the annual passes we are buying and i am only $100 off from that and we leave in about 2 weeks, so all is going according to plan. I also set aside an envelope in my house and vow to put $60 week into it, so in a year, we will have about $3000 to bring with us. Last year we only spent $1500, so when we returned home, we already had the money for the airfare for this year and then some!Paying it off thru the year is the only way to go in my opinion.

Oh I see. Thank you so much. That seems like the way to go. Sure will be nice having everything paid in full when you get there.:bounce::bounce:

I do the same thing DisneyFun1 does and our trip for this year is already paid in full,
we leave in 3 days and I can't wait! When we are on our trip we check out
the other WDW resorts so that when I come back I can book NEXT years resort,
we are deciding between AKL and WL. Its an easy way to pay things off without having
to wipe out savings, PLUS it ensures a yearly trip. Note that when u book right away when
you get back it may be at rack rate, but if you check mousesavers and look for codes when
it gets closer to your trip (ours is always end of Aug during value season) you can change
your ressie to the code rate and still save money!

Hulabird

Hulabird
carib01a.gif

Hmmm...I do this, but we call it DVC! Actually, I have pre-paid for my room several times(mostly before DVC) and it does spread the cost of the trip out over several months. I make several copies of the yellow confirmation sheet when it arrives, and send in monthly installments with a copy of the confirmation. I have never had a problem doing this, but I always watch my bank statements, too, to be sure the check clears, so I know CRO (or WDWT)has received the payment. :p

OK another ?. Where do I call to make the ressie, and if I do find a better rate later, how do I go about changing it? thanks:confused:

I always call CRO at 1-407-W-Disney

Hulabird

2 Days til CBR/WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carib01a.gif

If you find a better rate, just call them back. Verify the rate with them and then see if they can transfer your money to your new rate. Sometimes its easy, other times they give you a whole new reservation, and send you back your money. When you get it, you just send it back to them. Its really no big deal....happens all the time.

If you put that money in a savings account each week or month it will earn interest. You may even be able to open a savings account and have money direct deposited from your paycheck into the account. That way you don't even see it. I just couldn't tie up all that money months or a year and know it wasn't earning interest. I feel the same way about overwithholding and letting the IRS keep my cash interest free all year. But of course, to each his own.

I have to agree with LKS...I like to be making some money on my money regardless of how little. You could open a savings acct strictly for vacations, and transfer to a short term CD. I do like to keep it seperate from other monies so I can see how the Disney fund is growing, we put extra money we get into our "fund".

Opening a savings account and doing it that way works for some but not for others....to each his own.

I like doing a little of both.

We are saving $200 a month for our trip but I'm also paying things off before our trip in December. All I have left to pay is $160 of our 3 nights at Universal's Hard Rock Hotel, the rental car $179, parking and some tipping (I've already made and filled envelopes for the housekeeping and cruise portion of tips) and spending money for food and souveniers. So that $200 a month is our spending money, rental, dog kennel; I will pay off Hard Rock before we arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter