• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paying for Genie + With Gift Card

GrandmaLT

Mouseketeer
Can I add a Disney gift card to MDE and use it to pay for Genie + and ILL or can it only go on my existing credit card on MDE? Is there an option to charge it to the resort room instead? Thanks in advance for any help!

You can’t add it like you add a CC. But you can save the card number and security code to a note on your phone, then copy and paste it into Genie+LL purchases, mobile orders or mobile pay, etc.

Can I add a Disney gift card to MDE and use it to pay for Genie + and ILL or can it only go on my existing credit card on MDE? Is there an option to charge it to the resort room instead? Thanks in advance for any help!
I’m glad you asked. I was wondering too!

It is a little hard to find the option to pay with a gift card, esp in the morning when you are tired and trying to get it done quickly. The system wants to default to using the cc you have on file, but using a gift card is an option.

I've used my gift card each day that I have purchased Genie+. You have to choose to enter a different card for payment and then select gift card. Do it well in advance of 7am so that you are not scrambling while your first Genie+ or VQ selection is opening up.

I've purchased my Genie+ with a gift card each morning around 6am and then set an alarm for 6:55am to prep for the 7am VQ selection. I do the VQ of the day first at PRECISELY 7am and then pivot to the first Genie+ selection. Has been no problem to get what I wanted so far.

Note that for Genie+ and ILL purchases with a gift card, you need both the gift card number and the EAN, and there is no option to scan the barcode.

For using a gift card to pay for mobile dining orders and mobile checkout at gift shops, you only need the gift card number, and there is an option to scan the barcode instead of entering (or copy/pasting) the number. (But only certain types of barcodes are scannable.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter