Paying dues with discounted Disney Gift Cards - buying in bulk?

Blizzyblizz

I ❤️ Aulani
I'd like to pay my dues with gift cards purchased at a discount. Has anyone had success purchasing discounted Disney Gift Cards in bulk from Sam's Club or elsewhere? Sam's website says the limit is 2 per membership, but I didn't see any notice about that on the gc rack in store. Is there a limit in store? If so, can I buy more than the limit and just make it separate purchases? I'm wanting to buy dozens of gift cards to cover my annual dues.

I haven't tried Sam's, but it's usually a limit per order, not per Membership. Rather than paying off your dues all at once though, i would suggest setting up Direct Debit from your checking (no fees or interest), then buy some GCs each month & apply them before the debit hits. It's easy & you can spread your purchases over the year. There is a good thread about discounted GCs on the Budget Board https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-disney-gift-card-deals-and-more.3784942/

We just did this at BJ's online. The $100 cards were discounted the most at the time. They were limited to 5, but we placed 4 orders and all the orders went through, we received the physical cards and paid our dues yesterday.

Setting up the monthly payments and stalking deals for gift cards is the way to go and doesn’t require a lot of work.

I set up alerts with one of those deals site and get alerts every time there’s a deal somewhere for gift cards (Best Buy, BJs, etc). I also check my Amex and chase offers and buy gift cards at retailers with active offers. I get like +10% discount in total.

It takes months to get all the cards I need, but with the monthly payments isn’t a problem. I’m usually done by October and during Black Friday/Holidays I get a big portion of the next year’s dues.

You missed all the good deals already, but more will pop up eventually. BB had 10% off $50 gift cards late December, was able to get $800 worth of those. BJ's had 6% off of $150 last month as well. Sam's club had 7.5% off during BF for $200. Currently, BJ's and Sam's 4% off and Target has 5% off of gc if you pay with a red card. Check the gift cards thread in the budget board section for the latest and greatest deals.

Managed to save a total of 8.44% from of our dues this year buying discounted gift cards. Last year was around 15% because of that site that is sadly no longer legit (used to get $1000 gift cards for $840).

Setting up the monthly payments and stalking deals for gift cards is the way to go and doesn’t require a lot of work.

I set up alerts with one of those deals site and get alerts every time there’s a deal somewhere for gift cards (Best Buy, BJs, etc). I also check my Amex and chase offers and buy gift cards at retailers with active offers. I get like +10% discount in total.

It takes months to get all the cards I need, but with the monthly payments isn’t a problem. I’m usually done by October and during Black Friday/Holidays I get a big portion of the next year’s dues.
This is what I do, and I agree it does not require a lot of work. I already have dues payed through April (and part of May). Last year, I was done by August.

I don't have alerts set up with any deal site (but that is a good idea). I mostly use offers on my Chase and Amex cards. Last year I save a little over 10% not counting any Chase or Amex points earned.

We too set up Autopay and then buy discounted GC to pay down the balance before the payment is taken out. We also apply our Disney Visa Rewards points as they come to us each month. This year we had a bonus that allowed us to buy a large amount of GC with our Target Red Card, so we're paid up until November! (And should be completely paid off much sooner than that.)

Not sure the discount at Sams Club. That being said we just do everything at Target.

5% off, we buy them as we need them, and they can be bought right online and in your inbox in like 2 hours or less.

We even do this on trips and I buy them online the morning of the last full day of the trip.

Eh you and I have different ideas of lot of work when you need to jump through a bunch of hoops.

I stick with the plain and simple Target 5% with zero hoops, in store visits, or other purchases required.

Edit: just want to say I am not trying to be nasty and thought it might have come off that way. Just was expressing my view upon looking at the gift card thread in the past.

Eh you and I have different ideas of lot of work when you need to jump through a bunch of hoops.

I stick with the plain and simple Target 5% with zero hoops, in store visits, or other purchases required.
5% is fine. But it’s not like I have to jump through hoops. I just check the offers available on my credit card when I’m making a payment. If there’s one available, I use it and place an order.

And if I get an alert of a retailer with discounts, I place an order.

It’s that simple. I just bought $100 dollars of gift cards at Walmart and I’m getting $20 (plus the miles) back with Amex. Took me 2 minutes.

Edit: just want to say I am not trying to be nasty and thought it might have come off that way. Just was expressing my view upon looking at the gift card thread in the past.
There's plenty of online deals + rakuten/other cash back opportunities that beat target's 5%, many of which can be found on the first page of that gift card thread. Doesn't take that much effort to check that thread every now and click through to purchase.

Not sure the discount at Sams Club. That being said we just do everything at Target.

5% off, we buy them as we need them, and they can be bought right online and in your inbox in like 2 hours or less.

We even do this on trips and I buy them online the morning of the last full day of the trip.
I will often buy DGCs at Target as a last resort. I too buy them while on vacation and then transfer the money to a physical GC to pay with.

By now it's too late to dig up anything better for dues.

I usually follow the Disney Gift Cards thread and I usually end up with a 12% - 20% discount. For me, the extra hoops are worth the $200-$600 *more* in savings over Target.

I will often buy DGCs at Target as a last resort. I too buy them while on vacation and then transfer the money to a physical GC to pay with.

By now it's too late to dig up anything better for dues.

I usually follow the Disney Gift Cards thread and I usually end up with a 12% - 20% discount. For me, the extra hoops are worth the $200-$600 *more* in savings over Target.

Where are you reliably getting 20%?

There's plenty of online deals + rakuten/other cash back opportunities that beat target's 5%, many of which can be found on the first page of that gift card thread. Doesn't take that much effort to check that thread every now and click through to purchase.

Its all gas discounts. To me that isn't worth it as I can get gas cheaper elsewhere than store based gas stations. So maybe thats the issue is that people don't shop gas or live in an area without cheaper locally owned gas franchises.

Also carrying a credit card to get access to 20% off $50 isn't really worth it.

Yes there is some that getting credit in a store but again maybe its just me but they do that because those specific stores are more expensive for things like groceries.

Its all gas discounts. To me that isn't worth it as I can get gas cheaper elsewhere than store based gas stations. So maybe thats the issue is that people don't shop gas or live in an area without cheaper locally owned gas franchises.

I don't do the gas deals. I drive an electric hybrid that only has a 7-gallon tank :car:.

Yes there is some that getting credit in a store but again maybe its just me but they do that because those specific stores are more expensive for things like groceries.
I agree with you. I rarely go out of my way to get a discount if it isn’t convenient. I do this because it’s really easy.

I just wanted to comment because I find it funny that you say than an extra 5%-10% is a gas discount, but not the 5% you’re getting from target that requires the same effort (going to a webpage and click order) ;)

Again, just having a fun conversation. Not judging because I do the same with most things. I even buy direct DVC because it’s easier, and that’s definitely not gas discount when you buy resale.

In my previous post I mentioned there were gc deals 6% and up over the past month. I don’t bother with the gas or grocery deals either and I don’t have a special credit card needed either. All it really takes is some low level effort to check that page every now and then and set alerts on sites like Slickdeals to get notified of gift card deals.

I haven't tried Sam's, but it's usually a limit per order, not per Membership. Rather than paying off your dues all at once though, i would suggest setting up Direct Debit from your checking (no fees or interest), then buy some GCs each month & apply them before the debit hits. It's easy & you can spread your purchases over the year. There is a good thread about discounted GCs on the Budget Board https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-disney-gift-card-deals-and-more.3784942/

OK. So I gotta ask. I was in management in the financial/banking industry for a number or years, though I have been admittedly out of the industry directly for a while now. But how do you deposit a gift card to a checking account? I'm sure you're right, but I've never heard tell of such a thing. Who eats the merchant fees? If I can do this, I can get rich in about 24 hours.

Can we pay CCs with other CCs now too? LOL

OK. So I gotta ask. I was in management in the financial/banking industry for a number or years, though I have been admittedly out of the industry directly for a while now. But how do you deposit a gift card to a checking account? I'm sure you're right, but I've never heard tell of such a thing. Who eats the merchant fees? If I can do this, I can get rich in about 24 hours.

Can we pay CCs with other CCs now too? LOL
You're not depositing a gift card into a checking account. When you setup the monthly withdrawals from a checking account for your dues, you have the option to login to the DVC website prior to them taking the monthly payment out and paying with a gift card instead. So, some people set up the monthly payment to give themselves time to look for gift card offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter