Paying dues in advance?

cdurham1

Most magical at the most magical place on Earth
DVC Platinum
I have some spending I need to put on a credit card to get a sign up bonus. Is it possible to pay DVC dues early with a credit card? Like a year in advance?

I have some spending I need to put on a credit card to get a sign up bonus. Is it possible to pay DVC dues early with a credit card? Like a year in advance?

As everyone has has said, it just credits you.

I usually grab gifts cards, targeting a 10% discount and pay my dues throughout the year as I get them as I’m hesitant to sit on that much in gift cards.

My general goal is to have enough credits so that when dues come out in Dec/Jan, they’re all paid off.After the bill is issued I either have a couple dollars to pay still or a couple dollars in credits.

Yes, I did last year. I bought gift cards during a grocery store promo and didn’t feel comfortable having them sit around, so I entered them and had a credit balance.

Just to add, slightly off topic, but be prepared for a larger increase in terms of amount due because of the credit we received from 2020.

I had around a $400 credit already applied so I made sure during the year I put that aside so my increase due is the normal one.

Great info, we might do this.

What are some places you folks get your discounted GC from? I know target gives the 5% for redcard, we have sams club but its more like a 3% discount there. Seems locally our best discount might be 4x fuel points at kroger when they run that.

What are some places you folks get your discounted GC from? I know target gives the 5% for redcard, we have sams club but its more like a 3% discount there. Seems locally our best discount might be 4x fuel points at kroger when they run that.
Check out the thread under Budget Board that has the latest Disney gift cards.
I think Sam's has an upcoming special in November sometime for 10% off 500 online only?

I get mine from BJs. They should be having their gift card sale in the next few weeks.

Yes. If you go on now, and put in the payment, even if it has a zero balance, you will see a credit. That will then be applied when the actual dues show up in mid to late December.

I didn't know that! I've been saving my gift cards to enter next year! Thank you!

I didn't know that! I've been saving my gift cards to enter next year! Thank you!
I go to www.disneygiftcard.com and combine them so I don't make so many payments. But yeah other than that, submit that payment asap. Gift cards tend to grow legs or disappear in drawers (or email inboxes for the electronic ones) around here, so I redeem them ASAP.

All great ideas...i love getting some of my money back for the dues by putting them on my Disney Visa....good idea to to it ahead.

Anywhere I can!

Our chase card had a 10% back at Stop and Shop, so we bought a $75 gift card there.

My Wells Fargo card had 10% cash back at CVS, so we grabbed a $40 gift card there.

Right now on my chase debit card there’s a 20% at Walgreens, Bed Bath Beyond, and 10% at CVS. That’s going to be another $150 of gift cards for me!

I used to do the bulk BJs thing but I only averaged about 9% on average. Being opportunistic about it this year and I’m averaging about 13%.

Anywhere I can!

Our chase card had a 10% back at Stop and Shop, so we bought a $75 gift card there.

My Wells Fargo card had 10% cash back at CVS, so we grabbed a $40 gift card there.

Right now on my chase debit card there’s a 20% at Walgreens, Bed Bath Beyond, and 10% at CVS. That’s going to be another $150 of gift cards for me!

I used to do the bulk BJs thing but I only averaged about 9% on average. Being opportunistic about it this year and I’m averaging about 13%.
Oh great idea, ill have to look to see if we have any discounts like that.

Sam's Club, BJ's, etc. usually go to 4% but only on certain denominations. So you might see $100 for $96, but $500 for $485. It's very annoying.

You can pay dues with gift cards?
As above, with Disney GCs, and also with Disney Visa Rewards cards. When you go to My Annual Dues on the DVC Member website and click Make a Payment, you'll have the options to pay balance or pay by contract and then Select Your Payment Method: You can pay using a Disney® Visa® Card, another credit or debit card, a Disney Gift Card or a Disney Rewards Redemption Card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter