Pay TS gratuity w/gift card while using DDP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeyluv'r

DIS Veteran
When using the DDP, is it possible to pay the TS tip with a gift card?

Does anyone have recent experience doing this? Did you have to do it as room charge first?

I have found WDW pretty adept at taking $, do you can probably for it however you want.

Personally, I would do it as a room charge (along with everything else) & stop by the front desk & pay down with GC's as I go.

You can absolutely pay your tip with a gift card right at the restaurant. This will also help you avoid having a hold on your credit card which is now the policy for all room charges.

I was thinking of asking the same as i'd heard it is preferable to pay all tips cash in the US. Do the wait staff mind getting the tips paid this way or is it preferable for them to receive cash?

I was thinking of asking the same as i'd heard it is preferable to pay all tips cash in the US. Do the wait staff mind getting the tips paid this way or is it preferable for them to receive cash?

People do prefer cash tips, but I think a lot of Disney guests aren't carrying that kind of cash into the parks. They're using cards and charging back to their room.

At a normal dinner, I try to remember to have cash for a tip but, in Disney, I didn't bother. It's not *wrong* to tip on a card, buy any means. Plenty of people do it every day.

How do you expect the CM to take money from the gift card for the gratuity unless there is something to bill for?

There is a sticky thread on the main restaurant board for the mechanics of tipping. You can pay gratuity any way you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter