Pay Per Ride FP incoming?

Its €8 to €15 per person per ride depending on the attraction and day of use. Its an OPTIONAL upcharge, like paying for MAXPASS was. Its part of the new updates to Disneyland Paris App but they will also be available at Guest services for those who dont have a smartphone.

The rides announced are
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Hyperspace Mountain
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
  • Star Tours
  • Autopia
  • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
  • Ratatouille: L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy
You also have to remember that Disneyland Paris is carrying historical debt as well as Covid debt from the shutdown and The Walt Disney Company has only owned the park outright since 2017. So even without Covid and the shutdowns, this pay per ride Fastpass might have been launched, as part of The Walt Disney Company's longterm plan to clear historical debt.

They can then use the digital service to book an assigned time slot for some attractions and skip the standby queue. Prices vary from $9.46 to $17.74 per person per ride, depending on the attraction and day of use.

That's what Disneyland Paris has recently released and WDW and DLR are rumored to use the same system. I don't mind paying a higher rate for a MaxPass type system. Although at those prices, per person/per ride, hard to justify paying close to $100 to use FastPass lane for just one ride.

Only way I would even consider it, is if we missed out on Boarding Groups at 7am and 12pm for Rise of the Resistance or Webslingers. So if it meant missing the opportunity to ride them or miss riding them, I'd get it for those circumstances. Otherwise, I'm fine with just using the Standby Lanes.

Its €8 to €15 per person per ride depending on the attraction and day of use. Its an OPTIONAL upcharge, like paying for MAXPASS was. Its part of the new updates to Disneyland Paris App but they will also be available at Guest services for those who dont have a smartphone.

The rides announced are
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Hyperspace Mountain
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
  • Star Tours
  • Autopia
  • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
  • Ratatouille: L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy
You also have to remember that Disneyland Paris is carrying historical debt as well as Covid debt from the shutdown and The Walt Disney Company has only owned the park outright since 2017. So even without Covid and the shutdowns, this pay per ride Fastpass might have been launched, as part of The Walt Disney Company's longterm plan to clear historical debt.
Are these the only rides in DLP with fastpass?

Paid fastpass has been a thing for a while at DLP. As at Nov 7th 2018 the ultimate FP with unlimited access to select rides, similar to the Universal Unlimited Express, was £131 during peak season. Just looks like they are charging per ride now.
My guess is that there will be an up charge for FP but I doubt it will cost $200 per day. Maybe they will have a tiered MaxPass system, the more you pay, the more rides, or types of rides, you have access to, or the more FP you can hold at once. Or pay more for the newer e ticket rides although Boarding Groups seem to take care of that so maybe we will pay for BG’s only and MaxPass prices will just increase by a few dollars.
So many options but who knows. I will watch the developments with interest.

They're still going to offer a free 'Standby Pass' during peak times.

https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/guest-services/standby-pass/
  • The Standby Pass service will only be activated during certain periods of the day in order to help reduce wait times for certain attractions. You can still queue for these attractions without a Standby Pass at the beginning and at the end of the day (times may vary).
  • You can only reserve one Standby Pass at a time, from 5 minutes after entering the Disney Parks.
  • When your allocated time slot has begun, you may reserve a Standby Pass for another attraction.
  • It is not possible to cancel or transfer a Standby Pass.
  • Psst! To manage your Standby Passes easily during the day, you can link all the Tickets and Passes for each member of your group to a single Disney account.

I'm getting too old for this.
While I don't like the idea of paid FP (at all), I can figure those into the cost of a trip. So if I feel like I'm going to need one $10 FP, I'll just view the "ticket" as costing me $10 more.
What I really dislike is the move to near-necessary smartphone use at the parks and the general increase in complexity of the whole setup. This idea of someday going and having to decide if/how many paid FP I want, plus keeping up with what is using the "standby pass" (which seems to be a FP not called FP) at any moment and do I need to mobile order here or there ... ugh!
They can only really make it all more complex b/c of all us guests buying into the idea of using our phones for everything to simplify our lives. Tech generally doesn't simplify anything, it just lets you complicate things in new ways. (Yeah, I'm just getting old and should hop in my horse drawn buggy and ride down to the general store for a sack of flour.)

It keeps getting worse. From the Mice Chat article.

To keep wait times from ballooning out of control, some attractions will also implement a virtual queue at times when the wait gets too long. But you’d still be able to buy a Premier Access spot. See what’s going on there? There might be times when the only way to ride an attraction might be to buy a spot.

The language for standby also lines up with the app changing the wait times to "20 mins standby" etc.

It keeps getting worse. From the Mice Chat article.

To keep wait times from ballooning out of control, some attractions will also implement a virtual queue at times when the wait gets too long. But you’d still be able to buy a Premier Access spot. See what’s going on there? There might be times when the only way to ride an attraction might be to buy a spot.
Almost gives me a headache just reading that. It used to be so nice to go to Disney and just walk around, enjoy things with family/friends or alone. Now everyone is head down, eyes glued to cell phones, refreshing app, linking tickets, planning meals, times to eat, attraction wait times, virtual queues, on and on…. Next will be Premier Restroom Access with Toilet Plus optional $10 per flush before 1pm.

I still love technology I just miss the overall “escape” of reality Disney used to provide so well. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
I am okay with the old MaxPass system, and would be okay with them raising the price to something like $20 per day to make unlimited fastpass reservations on the phone and have unlimited Photos as part of the package. Having the system structured as per ride/per fastpass is not something I would do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter