PAT: Time to budget for dropping off rental car.

dtk07

Mouseketeer
With the strict PAT, we are trying to figure out how much time to budget to travel before our cruise. We are staying off-site but near Disney Springs. We are thinking of budgeting 1hr 15 minutes for the drive.

The part we aren't sure of is dropping off the rental car and using the shuttle to get to the port. Would another 45 minutes be about correct to get us to the terminal at our PAT?

Total that would be two hours. Would leaving a Disney Springs resort at 10am be about right for a noon PAT?

With the strict PAT, we are trying to figure out how much time to budget to travel before our cruise. We are staying off-site but near Disney Springs. We are thinking of budgeting 1hr 15 minutes for the drive.

The part we aren't sure of is dropping off the rental car and using the shuttle to get to the port. Would another 45 minutes be about correct to get us to the terminal at our PAT?

Total that would be two hours. Would leaving a Disney Springs resort at 10am be about right for a noon PAT?

Drop the luggage and any passengers off at the port. Then return the car. I think most Uber/Lyft, rather than taking a chance at a shuttle due to COVID

Drop the luggage and any passengers off at the port. Then return the car. I think most Uber/Lyft, rather than taking a chance at a shuttle due to COVID

Might be a good idea to drop off the family before dropping off the car.

we rented a car from Enterprise at MCO to drop before our 11/14 Fantasy Cruise. We budgeted about 20 min for the shuttle ride/drop off procedure, but our shuttle driver said Disney has been more strict on the early arrivals and not so much on a later arrival. We had a 12:00-12:15 PAT and finished dropping off the rental car at 12:08pm, by the time we moved the luggage over and drove to port, received a parking spot to unload and hand over bags to the porter it was 12:20 or so and no one ever checked our PAT, or if they did, they were quick about it. More than anything they just wanted to know if we had our PAT form for the QR code to get the testing done.

hope this helps, but we always rent from Enterprise/National, and rarely have waited for a shuttle, so not too sure if any of the other rental companies are further out or run shuttles less often

I thought I read that the whole party must arrive at the same time now?
Yes we were told that the whole party needs to arrive together, as luggage is all handed over as a group and testing is done on a stateroom by stateroom basis

Is that saying for the person dropping off the car can test before dropping off the car? Not sure what else would mean by "while awaiting your test results".
As I understand it, they won’t be tested until they have returned to the tents from dropping off the car. Once you are tested you can’t go anywhere except to the terminal after you get you results. We will not be allowed to leave the tents until all our party has tested and received all the results.

I thought I read that the whole party must arrive at the same time now?

They do, in order to move across the street to the tent for testing. What I suggested was that they arrive a little earlier, drop the luggage and passengers (ex. family) off at the drop off site, they check the luggage in and wait while the driver returns the vehicle and then shuttles back. Then, they all cross the street and enter the tent at their PAT.

They do, in order to move across the street to the tent for testing. What I suggested was that they arrive a little earlier, drop the luggage and passengers (ex. family) off at the drop off site, they check the luggage in and wait while the driver returns the vehicle and then shuttles back. Then, they all cross the street and enter the tent at their PAT.
Is there any place to sit there while waiting? And how exposed to traffic would small children be if waiting there?

Is there any place to sit there while waiting? And how exposed to traffic would small children be if waiting there?

Yes a few places to sit that I saw. Not a lot. Just a few outside benches.

The drop off area is like the drop off area at an airport. Sidewalks mainly but also a larger area past the sidewalk.

This is Port Canaveral. I have no idea what Miami looks like.

There are employees asking for your port arrival time and form. If it's not your time, they just tell you to move to the side until it's your time to cross the street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter