Past Princess Races

Let's see...I don't think the entire weekend was themed until 2014, but here's a list of the 5K medallions they've had:

2009: shield with swords - didn't seem to be themed to a specific Princess
2010: Princess and the Frog
2011: Beauty and the Beast
2012: Tangled
2013: Minnie and Mickey for 5th anniversary
2014: Cinderella (I think this is the first year the entire weekend had the same theme)
2015: Frozen
2016: Little Mermaid

Let's see...I don't think the entire weekend was themed until 2014, but here's a list of the 5K medallions they've had:

2009: shield with swords - didn't seem to be themed to a specific Princess
2010: Princess and the Frog
2011: Beauty and the Beast
2012: Tangled
2013: Minnie and Mickey for 5th anniversary
2014: Cinderella (I think this is the first year the entire weekend had the same theme)
2015: Frozen
2016: Little Mermaid

YES, just what I was looking for!! THANK YOU!

Is there information on past Princess Race themes? Any speculation as to what 2017 will be?

I should have assumed you already found these :) It's Caitlin. I love the rundisney forum part of Disboards. I've gotten some great advice off these boards!

I thought I heard somewhere that 2017 was going to be Beauty and the Beast themed, but maybe I'm making that up.

People are pointing out that there has been a pattern with what is on the mile 13 marker being the theme of next year's race.

In 2014, Mile Marker 13 was Anna & Else...Frozen was the theme for 2015.
In 2015, Mile Marker 13 was Ariel...The Little Mermaid was the theme for this year.
Mile Marker 13 this year was Snow White, so people are thinking that this (along with the 80th anniversary of the film being next year) points to her being the theme for 2017.

People are pointing out that there has been a pattern with what is on the mile 13 marker being the theme of next year's race.

In 2015, Mile Marker 13 was Ariel...The Little Mermaid was the theme for this year.
Mile Marker 13 this year was Snow White, so people are thinking that this (along with the 80th anniversary of the film being next year) points to her being the theme for 2017.

That would make perfect sense and I so hope that's correct!!!

OMG OMG OMG...If it is snow white I think I may need to do it. Do you find out before or after registration what the theme is?

OMG OMG OMG...If it is snow white I think I may need to do it. Do you find out before or after registration what the theme is?
For 2016 we knew because runDisney tweeted a "registration tips" picture with seashells. Maybe they'll do something similar this year!

I heard from another racer that they think it will be Snow White for 2017!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter