Past, Present & Forever

Keebles

I'm OCD and proud of it!
Well, finally finished Self Portrait and got to start on PP&F today! I was so excited...that is until I started trying to work with the metallic thread. I'm having a heck of a time with it. For those that are currently working on it or for anyone who has finished it, got any suggestions on how you managed the thread, or am I the only one having problems? Looks like the entire castle is gonna have it and I'm starting to dread it! I'll take any help you can give!

When you thread your floss and glistengloss through the needle make a small knot with the threads up near the eye of the needle. This stops the glistengloss sliding straight through the needle. Hope this helps, i know it did for me.

tashasmum said:
When you thread your floss and glistengloss through the needle make a small knot with the threads up near the eye of the needle. This stops the glistengloss sliding straight through the needle. Hope this helps, i know it did for me.

Thanks! The thought never occurred to me!

I have just finished The Barbershop Quartet my only problem is what to start next, it may have to wait until our trip to Canada is done.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't started working on mine just yet but I am sure I will encounter a problem. I always seem to anyway ;)

Slightly OT: Do you remember how much these cross-stitch kits were? Did you buy from The Art of Disney or from WDW Merchandising? I was trying to estimate how much it would cost to call and have a few shipped to me. Thanks! :)

I think it is $45. I remember I called them and they said it would be like $60 to ship it. They charge a lot to ship. Seems like a spendy kit, but it has a lot of thread and stuff, it is huge.

Thanks! I guess I'll have to wait until my next trip to pick them up. $15 is a lot for shipping.

I called yesterday and they said shipping is $10.99 or so I believe. Maybe they lowered the shipping price? :confused3

Any idea where I can get the Cinderella Castle kit?? They no longer carry them and I REALLY want one!! :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter