Passport Expired!!

You only need the passports to get back into the US in an unplanned flight. You could fly back in the day before they expired. Just renew them when you get back.

I just found out that my kid’s passports will expire in May. Two and a half months after our cruise which is next week!!!! Do I need to worry about that?

Have you contacted DCL and asked what their requirement is? In the end, it's DCL that will determine whether you're permitted to board and whether your kids will be permitted to leave the ship in the Mexican ports, so I would ask them directly about this. Good luck!

There's been a report that American Airlines does require 6 months on a US passport to fly to Mexico. Probably has to do with the 6 month recommendation/stays longer than 6 months requiring a visa thing.

When would American see them?

Have you contacted DCL and asked what their requirement is? In the end, it's DCL that will determine whether you're permitted to board and whether your kids will be permitted to leave the ship in the Mexican ports, so I would ask them directly about this. Good luck!

Lol. It’s a closed loop cruise that doesn’t even require passports for US citizens. Their passports are fine.

And as far as I know there are no cruiselines that allow you to board without the required citizenship info, and just not allow you to leave the ship. It’s just not a thing anymore. You either have the required forms or you don’t go. And in this case they are fine.

Yes, I did today and they said we should be fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter