• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Passport expiration dates

smallbutmighty

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone, just wanted to clarify the passport expiration date issue:

If you’re cruising, does your passport need not expire during the cruise? Or 6 months after? Or a few weeks after? Days after?

I’ve heard varying things so I’m just trying to be safe. We have some that still expire a few days after our cruise returns so I’m nervous.

Thanks everyone 💕

As far as returning to the US, just needs to be valid. The Bahamas and most Caribbean countries don’t have any requirement other than unexpired.

Are the people with expiring passports going to renew them? Because you have to send your current passport in with your renewal paperwork to get your new passport.

Going on Wish cruise to Bahamas that leaves 12/30. DD's passport expires 1/1 but we return on 1/2. Do I HAVE to renew hers? Appreciate your thoughts.

Hello everyone, just wanted to clarify the passport expiration date issue:

If you’re cruising, does your passport need not expire during the cruise? Or 6 months after? Or a few weeks after? Days after?

I’ve heard varying things so I’m just trying to be safe. We have some that still expire a few days after our cruise returns so I’m nervous.

Thanks everyone 💕

Where are you cruising? Do you have time to renew?

6 months of passport eligibility is the standard for entering most countries, including the Bahamas when you aren't on a cruise.

On a "closed loop" cruise (same entry and exit port in the US) you can get away with just a birth certificate and driver's license, so a soon-to-expire passport should be fine.

Personally, I would be worried about there being some sort of emergency and my less-than -6-months causing a problem, so I would renew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter