"Passing" Wedding Attire

AntePrincess

Not a princess... yet.
In light of Disney's rules against wearing blatant wedding attire in the parks (unless you're having a sanctioned Wishes wedding or park photo shoot), which is an entirely reasonable rule, I was wondering if anyone has chosen a wedding outfit that would "pass" their guidelines in order to enjoy a restaurant meal the day of their marriage or just enjoy the normal park activities. I'm guessing trains, tiaras, and veils are right out, but I have seen people fairly dressed up for signature restaurant dinner reservations.

Any advice? We're not thinking of skirting DFTW to have a guerrilla wedding in the park, just considering something to wear to a restaurant wedding supper if we have an Escape wedding or something we can wear through the day between a morning Epcot Wishes wedding and an evening private reception. Something that dresses up or down would work, too.

Thanks in advance!

This is what I am wearing to Magic Kingdom to be photographed. It's not my wedding dress, but it will look nice in pictures. DFi is wearing khakis and a white button-down shirt (which he actually is wearing to the wedding).

whitedress.jpg

This is what I am wearing to Magic Kingdom to be photographed. It's not my wedding dress, but it will look nice in pictures. DFi is wearing khakis and a white button-down shirt (which he actually is wearing to the wedding).

whitedress.jpg

Stephanie - I don't remember if I saw you post that before - so cute and perfect!! :cutie:

Let's see if I'm allowed to post pictures yet ;)

whitedress.jpg

Wish on a Star, that is gorgeous! Do you think they'd let you stroll through the park during regular park hours in that? If so, I don't think I'll have any trouble with the dresses I've been looking at, that is much dressier (and prettier) than I was thinking of. (I admit it, my number one consideration in looking at dresses was whether I could dye it a different color to reuse.) Would you mind sharing where you got it from?

MegKate said:
Two ideas that people have come up with (that I've seen at least) 1. A simple white sundress

I wonder if the J Crew wedding dresses, the simplest ones, would pass under resemblance on first glance to a sundress. They're so simple, they just happen to be full length. That said, I'm completely open to a nice white sundress.

MegKate said:
2. Alfred Angelo has come up with a line of dresses called "Little White Dress Collection. They're really cute and simple and would work as well.

Once again, those are lovely, and so much dressier than I was thinking of! I'm getting the idea that unless there're heaps of tulle, corsets, trains, and beads on your dress, it'll probably be ok. Considering how dangerous trailing hemlines might be on the rides, I can't fault them for a common sense policy like that!

For the record, this was the sort of dress I was thinking of:

erez

Maybe I should go for a tea length?

Let's see if I'm allowed to post pictures yet ;)

Wish on a Star, that is gorgeous! Do you think they'd let you stroll through the park during regular park hours in that? If so, I don't think I'll have any trouble with the dresses I've been looking at, that is much dressier (and prettier) than I was thinking of. (I admit it, my number one consideration in looking at dresses was whether I could dye it a different color to reuse.) Would you mind sharing where you got it from?

I wonder if the J Crew wedding dresses, the simplest ones, would pass under resemblance on first glance to a sundress. They're so simple, they just happen to be full length. That said, I'm completely open to a nice white sundress.

Once again, those are lovely, and so much dressier than I was thinking of! I'm getting the idea that unless there're heaps of tulle, corsets, trains, and beads on your dress, it'll probably be ok. Considering how dangerous trailing hemlines might be on the rides, I can't fault them for a common sense policy like that!

For the record, this was the sort of dress I was thinking of:

erez

Maybe I should go for a tea length?

I would be worried about a long dress getting ruined by it brushing the ground. Also getting stuck in a ride ramp.

I would be worried about a long dress getting ruined by it brushing the ground. Also getting stuck in a ride ramp.

I was thinking about that, fortunately it comes in a shorter length:

erez

I'm not "married" to any specific dress just now, but I think I'd prefer a tea length rather than long or knee length. Fortunately, I can just get a longer dress and hem it if this becomes "the" dress.

(I really like the other colors, too.)

I like the way the J.Crew dress in the longer length does look more formal, and slightly uncomfortable, but I do like it better than the tea length. But I'd recommend the tea length. Perhaps it's just that color...

But I'd recommend the tea length. Perhaps it's just that color...

It is an unfortunate color. It comes in some really gorgeous other colors, gorgeous enough to tempt me away from the white, but long version. Of course, I can always get the longer version, have it dyed, and hem it however I like. I'm sure that a pastel, tea length dress isn't going to raise too many eyebrows at the gates, right?

If it's a tea length white dress, I don't think it will raise any eyebrows. I've worn dresses in the park to go to dinner. I think they just don't want you wearing anything that is obviously a bridal gown and I wouldn't wear a veil or other bridal accessories with it.

I wore a casual eyelet white dress for our e-pics at the GF, and it was kinda funny because people thought we had just gotten married and were congratulating us!

Good luck in your decision!

We're having dinner at the Yachtsmans on the night of our wedding and then going into Epcot. I wanted something completely different to the daytime so went for this:

Oliviamaxi.jpg

I'm probably going to wear my wedding jewellery with it and my headband. It isn't a tiara, it is a double-row alice band so won't look too weddingy.

I was going to get a white dress to wear but then decided on this one instead.

My lunch reception ends at 3:00 with a dessert party later that night. I planned on changing to an ivory tea length strapless dress with a black sash and black flip-flops to the parks and dessert party. I'll be sporting my hair-do and a red rose wrist corsage. Hopefully it's not too fancy. ;)

Does anyone have photos of outfits that have been allowed into the parks during normal hours as regular park guests? I may be unreasonably nervous about this one aspect, but I just don't want to end up spending a whole day at WDW restricted to nothing but wedding-y activities. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter