Passholders question

I am not taking one side or the other,just curious as to what most DISers think,but is it "ethical",for instance,for a Passholder to pay the bill for a large group at a Restaurant and then be reimbursed by the other members of the group who are not Passholders?

The same for purchasing merchandise for others who aren't Passholders and then being reimbursed.

Is that just one of those things where it is considered kind of a gray area?

And though I have never done it I am not saying I wouldn't consider doing it!

Just curious.

As far as restaurants go, it states on the website under each restaurant we get a discount at that the discount is valid for the passholder and up to three guests. It doesn’t specify that the passholder has to be the one paying, though that seems to be the norm. The same guest policy applies for some of the recreation discounts too.

I am not taking one side or the other,just curious as to what most DISers think,but is it "ethical",for instance,for a Passholder to pay the bill for a large group at a Restaurant and then be reimbursed by the other members of the group who are not Passholders?

The same for purchasing merchandise for others who aren't Passholders and then being reimbursed.

Is that just one of those things where it is considered kind of a gray area?

And though I have never done it I am not saying I wouldn't consider doing it!

Just curious.
Tables in Wonderland lets you use your discount for up to 10 people, as long as the carddholder is the one paying, so not sure doing so would be unethical?

I honestly would have escalated that. I get that they want to limit the discounts, but that is over the top.

I was pretty mad at the absurdity of it. I whipped out my AP card and took her gift card right in front of the woman and slapped them down on the counter. I did let her know she was being ridiculous asking for a kid’s ID and let her know she was the only one we encountered on our trips to make such a request. At that time literally everyone asked for my ID for purchases. I can’t remember last summer but I think we both pulled out our IDs automatically each time.

I was pretty mad at the absurdity of it. I whipped out my AP card and took her gift card right in front of the woman and slapped them down on the counter. I did let her know she was being ridiculous asking for a kid’s ID and let her know she was the only one we encountered on our trips to make such a request. At that time literally everyone asked for my ID for purchases. I can’t remember last summer but I think we both pulled out our IDs automatically each time.
That almost makes me want to make 'fake' ID's for my kids in photoshop with their picture and some random information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter