• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Passholder Orange Bird magnet

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
I just remembered a few days ago that they were supposed to send this magnet sometime over the summer. We haven’t gotten one, nor has my sister or anyone in her family ( 5 adults in 3 different households). My son & ddil got one a few months ago. Has anyone gotten this recently? We were APs all along, never cancelled & just renewed in early May. Wondering if there’s still hope.

When I asked about it, I was told they were only sent out to people who had active annual passes on April 8. Anyone who activated after that date, even if they had a voucher before that date, was not eligible for the magnet.

This is the email I got:

Orange Bird Passholder magnets are currently in process of being mailed out to our Passholder families. Our distribution Cast Members are working on mailing them out to guests who are eligible for this specialty magnet and takes about 6 to 8 weeks to receive by mail.

Annual Passes that were not active at the time of mailing, April 8th 2021, are currently not eligible. We are excited to include you in future magnet opportunities while Annual Pass is active.

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Your Annual Passholder magnet should arrive within 8 weeks after activation of your Annual Pass. If you did not receive your magnet, one per household, please call 407-WDW-PASS (407-939-7277).

Please be aware that due to the recent pandemic, there is a delay in the fulfillment of requests for Annual Passholder magnets. Once we receive your request, it will be fulfilled as soon as our operation allows. However, we are unable offer an ETA on when you will receive it. We ask for your patience in this time as we are working very hard to fulfill these requests.

Of the five passholders in the family (3 adults), we received one Tinkerbell magnet and hit or miss Mickey passholder magnets ranging from 0-2 per year. Given the reports on this thread, I guess we've been lucky?

When I asked about it, I was told they were only sent out to people who had active annual passes on April 8. Anyone who activated after that date, even if they had a voucher before that date, was not eligible for the magnet.

My pass was active on April 8th. We never cancelled & our renewal date was May 6th. I did the renewal on line as soon as my date opened. And thanks for posting the email. Maybe I’ll give them a call & ask. Probably too late, but can’t hurt to ask.

I guess I am the lucky one. We have gotten all the other mailed magnets. Although, we didn’t get the magnet they send when you renew this year either. Ugh, hope we didn’t get dropped from the mailing list.

Of the five passholders in the family (3 adults), we received one Tinkerbell magnet and hit or miss Mickey passholder magnets ranging from 0-2 per year. Given the reports on this thread, I guess we've been lucky?

3 members in our family all ap holders when I called about orange bird magnet i was told the rule is one magnet per household regardless of how many people are passholders . We got the tink magnet waiting on orange bird

We've had our Orange Bird magnets for months. We've had 3 AP's in our household for years, and received 2 OB magnets.

Pass kept over pandemic renewal once Extension was April 26th no orange bird magnet sent (friend got two and gave me one)

only magnet I never got was the Donald one because we work during the week so couldn’t book a DAK park pass to go before 4 on a weekday

I received two orange bird magnets a few months ago. I was so excited. I had wanted to go back to Disney just to get that because I thought it was so cute before covid started obviously and I had received the other one when I was there right before covid started.

I am pretty sure I get all of them because my husband always complains we have too many Disney magnets on the fridge and periodically throws some away. I feel bad saying this because so many people are missing theirs but I think I may have thrown away my second one just a week or two ago. :(

Two passholders in our house and we got two of the Orange Birds. My sister never got hers and they have 3 passholders and all were active just like ours. Just renewed our passes (2 of them) and got one Mickey. In 2015 when we first became passholders, no magnets and no Mickey Monitors were mailed to us. We called and eventually got them. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult for Disney to get the mailings correct. We pay for the pass, they get our emails and addresses at that time, it should be going automatically in a data base that when needed should be able to address these things. Oh and speaking of the Mickey Monitor, has anyone else noticed that it seems to have ceased publication? I don't remember them saying anything about stopping it, I like looking through it.

3 members in our family all ap holders when I called about orange bird magnet i was told the rule is one magnet per household regardless of how many people are passholders . We got the tink magnet waiting on orange bird
Gotta love that one way street.
Try telling them they only get one pass payment per household regardless of how many people have passes.

I've got a spare set if anyone wants them. Just PM and I'll ship them off to you.
ETA: Magnets have been claimed!

Last edited:
I've had to buy all the ones I missed on ebay. If anyone has an extra they don't mind parting with, I'd be happy to give it a good home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter