• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Party of 2, "your tiny table is ready" DR 2/16-2/23/17. Complete

That burger looks enormous!!! And your daughter's plate of looks delicious too, lots of vegetables! YUM!
The burger was big and so yummy! The honey chicken is very good, I love all the vegetables as well. I am glad I went with the burger for something different is was worth it.

Tiana's party does look like fun, I've watched the FoF parade so many times that seeing it from a different perspective is somewhat intriguing.
We haven't been to Pecos Bill's in years because the menu didn't excite us but I keep hearing about the nachos, so we may have to stop in there soon!
Love the ride wontons at Y&Y but what really looks good to me is Andi's Gratin de Macaroni!
The nachos did not disappoint very good! I love the fried wonton dessert it is so unique and tasty. Andi's Macaroni and cheese was very creamy and rich tasting. I think sharing it and getting an appetizer is a good way to go there.
Signing on to hear more!
:welcome: Glad to have you along, hope you enjoy all the reviews!

The pineapple with the wontons is my fave part :)
You are such a sweetie, I know how much you love pineapple!
Tiana's party looks like a ton of fun. Casey would be in heaven with ice cream and a Princess!!! And love Andi's monorail ears.

We skipped out on RoL this trip too. It was starting while we were there and they gave passes to AP holders, but like Andi Casey didn't want to give up our evening plans (which I think were Epcot too).

We always love Yak and Yeti. I was this close to trying the burger, sad I didn't. We ended up just sharing a bunch of apps instead.

To your earlier question on food, first great choice with Homecomin' we really enjoyed it on our trip. Morimotos was great too if you wanted to give it a whirl. Have you all done Beaches and Cream recently? Its always a fun and good meal.

Sounds like the poly is probably your better choice for August, but have you factored in upgrading the tickets that come with WL? May make a difference. Of course if you get new AP's a cheaper poly rate may come out before then
I think the Tiana ice cream party was fun and not as pricey as dessert parties. It was fun having Tiana and Naveen on the riverboat to interact with everyone. Casey would love it I bet!
Andi has some unique ears, she has bought them from a shop called bows and beads on Etsy.
The burger at Yak and Yeti is worth trying so delicious probably the best burger I have had!
I think we may try for Beaches and Cream and Andi loves sushi so Morimoto is a good choice as well. There are so many good choices at DS.
I really wanted to stay at WL because it would be new to us. Do you know if the tickets you buy from Disney in a package are upgradable? I think I read on here you can't upgrade package tickets, which is what they would be. Oh well such troubles hey lol!

2/19/17, Day 4. HS treats, The Fountains, and The Boathouse.

We were up early again this morning so we could make HS EMH. TP had this park being a 10 today yikes!
Our strategy was get in conquer TSMM, Moana meet, and then do our FP+, shop and get out of there before 1:00pm. We were able to do everything we wanted to and get a snack as well. We were done with a standby ride on TSM and meeting Moana by 9:10 so we were ready for a healthy breakfast at HS, oh right there really is no such thing in this park so we went with the next best thing, dessert.
IMG_9523.JPG

Dessert for breakfast is fine at Disney, we went to Sweet Spells. I got the wonderfully delicious carrot cake cookie, oh man this is just perfect with a cup of coffee. I love this snack. It has just the right amount of sweetness with the carrots and cream cheese. It was very fresh, I tried to save 1/2 for later but it did not fare very well in my backpack:furious:. Andi had the Mickey shaped cookie, this was good as well, she really enjoys this one. It always looks like it is going to be dry to me but it is soft and chewy And the chocolate is fresh on it. Our cost here was $10.21 with AP discount
IMG_9522.JPG

We enjoyed the rest of the morning at HS and headed out about 12:30 and took the boat over to The Dolphin to try The Fountain for lunch. We were seated in a tiny table crammed against the border wall, oh well we just laughed. We decided to share the cheese fries and split the Southern pulled pork sandwich with an apple fennel coleslaw. We stuck with ice water to drink. Our waitress was not to enthusiastic and it felt like she didn't want to be at work today. The cheese fries were very tasty, the French fries almost had a fried bread texture so very different than a normal fry but I really liked them, Andi did too. The pulled pork sandwich was okay, nothing to write home about. The coleslaw was just gross, I can't even describe it, very bitter and so yucky I just didn't get it. There was not apple or fennel taste any where. We would give this a thumbs part way up, mainly for the good cheese fries. I don't think we will hurry back to the Fountain. I don't remember cost here.
IMG_9526.JPG IMG_9527.JPG

We walked around the Boardwalk and decided to try the ice cream at Ample Hills Creamery. Some of you astute readers may have noticed the allergy stick in Andi's food, she is allergic to peanuts. Her allergy is severe and we don't go any where without an Epi-pen so I am always nervous about new places. Let me tell you they were awesome at Ample Hills. The manager actually comes out and serves up the ice cream separately in the back with a clean ice cream scoop. Andi had the Strawberries and Cream in a waffle cone, I shared a few bites it was so creamy with a nice fresh strawberry taste. We took a bus from BWI to AK and caught a bus to AKL from there. We took a rest before heading to DS. Cost here was $7.45 with AP discount.
IMG_0962.JPG

We were meeting Andi's best friend and her mom at The Boathouse this evening. It isn't to often we know someone else at Disney so this was really fun. The Boathouse was new to all of us. We got in right at our ADR time and yippee we had a nice table close to the water (probably because we had to have a table for 4 not 2). I was struggling with what to order here, I wanted seafood but I was not really hungry so I decided on the Jumbo Lump crab cake, this came with coleslaw. I also got a glass of wine, it was a moscato, I did enjoy it. Andi got the Caesar salad with chicken. Her friend's mom got the same as me and her friend got the vegetarian pasta dish with asparagus, mushrooms, and wilted arugula. This looked really good and she said it was delicious. The crab cake was very good, there was plenty of pieces of crab in it and the coleslaw was much better than our lunch one. I don't know that I ordered the best thing, the menu has many nice seafood options. Andi enjoyed her salad. I would definitely try this place again. We were very happy with it. It was nice visiting with friends from Minnesota as well. Our cost here with AP discount was $58.08. Two thumbs up for service, table, and food. We walked around a very busy DS after dinner then headed back to AKL for a good nights sleep.
IMG_0826.JPG IMG_9544.JPG IMG_9545.JPG IMG_9546.JPG

Dessert for breakfast, only in disney :P Totally kicking myself for missing the carrot cake cookie this round.

Way to get out of the comfort zone and try The Fountain. I'd never even heard of this place, so always interested in something new and those fries look delicious.

How fun for Andi to have a friend from home in Disney at the same time. One of Casey's classmates was down the same time as us and we randomly ran into them in MK one day. She was so excited.

Your boathouse meal looks great and thumbs up for a great table!

Y&Y looks so delicious and it has been such a long time since we've been there, I just can't find room for it on our schedule, every time I read a review I look again to see where we can squeeze it in. Dessert is always our breakfast at DHS, now that Starring Rolls is gone we will have to get it somewhere else :sad1:. Both of the cookies looked good though, so there is hope!

I've got Boathouse on the list for dinner on Mother's Day, can't wait!

I just noticed the Vera Bradley Ears and I love them! I didn't know they made them, so I'll be on the look out now, lol.

Great review! The tiny table thing is just amusing lol... DH and I are planning my first trip to Disney and I am looking forward to a few tiny tables of our own.

Enjoying your reviews. I love the sweet spell's breakfast - girls after my one heart! I would have opted for the Mickey sugar cookie, though, with those big red ears :earboy2:

I am really impressed with the way you save money on your dining!

Wow, the Boathouse food looks great! I think that pasta looks delicious, although I feel like if I went there I would want fish or steak just because. I love a good caesar salad, too.

That is so great to know how good they are with her peanut allergy. My brother just found out, at age 18, that he has a severe peanut allergy. He had a somewhat allergic reaction once as a kid, and just stayed away from it. My mom always thought he was exaggerating (because he always did!) and it turns out he really was allergic. So now we have to be extra careful, as I'm sure you understand, although his is just if he actually ingests peanuts. He commented that it's pretty hard as a college kid to go out to eat and he always carries an Epi pen with him. I'm glad she can dine pretty much worry-free in Disney!

Subbing, everything looks great!
:welcome:Thank you for reading and joining in. We really had some really good meals and any time I don't have to cook is great in my book.

Hopping on! I've enjoyed reading everything so far!
:welcome: Glad to have you along, thank you for joining in and commenting. Nice to have some readers.

Dessert for breakfast, only in disney :P Totally kicking myself for missing the carrot cake cookie this round.

Way to get out of the comfort zone and try The Fountain. I'd never even heard of this place, so always interested in something new and those fries look delicious.

How fun for Andi to have a friend from home in Disney at the same time. One of Casey's classmates was down the same time as us and we randomly ran into them in MK one day. She was so excited.

Your boathouse meal looks great and thumbs up for a great table!
That carrot cake cookie was so good this time! The fountain is really a cute place, the malts looked really good there as well. It is fun to explore the Swan and the Dolphin.
The Boathouse was really enjoyable. I would try it again for sure. Andi spent some more time with her friend in the evening a few times so that was nice.

I love that giant Mickey cookie! It's so cute and tasty
That cookie is always a favorite on our trips. More snacks to follow.

Y&Y looks so delicious and it has been such a long time since we've been there, I just can't find room for it on our schedule, every time I read a review I look again to see where we can squeeze it in. Dessert is always our breakfast at DHS, now that Starring Rolls is gone we will have to get it somewhere else :sad1:. Both of the cookies looked good though, so there is hope!

I've got Boathouse on the list for dinner on Mother's Day, can't wait!

I just noticed the Vera Bradley Ears and I love them! I didn't know they made them, so I'll be on the look out now, lol.
:welcome:We love Y&Y, try to fit it in, it has never let us down. I think you can get the special cupcakes at the Trolley cafe aka Starbucks at HS. The Boathouse was very nice. Andi bought the Vera Bradley ears at Bows and Beads, a shop on Etsy.
Great review! The tiny table thing is just amusing lol... DH and I are planning my first trip to Disney and I am looking forward to a few tiny tables of our own.
:welcome: How exciting for you all to have your first Disney trip, you will love it. Tiny tables are pretty standard for a party of two lol. We have had some nice spots as well. Enjoy the dining it is a fun part of the Trip!

thanks for sharing
:welcome: Happy to have you joining in, more food to come.

Enjoying your reviews. I love the sweet spell's breakfast - girls after my one heart! I would have opted for the Mickey sugar cookie, though, with those big red ears :earboy2:

I am really impressed with the way you save money on your dining!
:thanks: The cookies at HS were so tasty that morning, I really enjoyed the carrot cake cookie, Andi loves the Mickey cookie! We often share food and we most of the time stick with ice water at our meals so we really can stretch our dollar at Disney meals. It has really helped to have the 20% AP discount the last couple trips as well!

2/20/17. Day 5. President's Day. Epcot with Tokyo Dining.

Andi and I have really enjoyed several tours our last few trips so we decided on a busy President's Day, we would do the Epcot tour. The tour is called the Undiscovered Future World. It started at 8:30am, there were only three of us on this tour so it was really nice. The tour takes you to some backstage areas around future world, we rode SE and TT. We spent time in some VIP lounge areas, including one in the Seas which was so nice, we had a great view of the aquarium in a totally empty lounge. We also saw how all the 3-D glasses are cleaned and we went to the costuming area, this was really cool. I would recommend this tour, our tour guide was really great, very informative. I don't want to give to much away but if any of you like taking tours it is a good one. The tour lasted until 12:30. We had FP+ for FEA so we did this right after the tour. I enjoy this ride, however I would not wait more than 20 minutes for it.
IMG_0977.JPG

We headed to Japan and checked into our ADR, we were a little early so we walked around Mitsokoshi, they are doing some construction in there so the store was really crowded because it is smaller now until they finish the remodel. Our pager went off after only about 5-10 minutes so we headed upstairs to the restaurant. This was our first time here. Andi loves sushi so we wanted to give it a try. Our table was, yes you guessed right, a tiny table positioned right next to a larger table, we weren't close to the window, but we could see out of it and the view is so nice. We ordered the Spicy Calamari with a spicy miso sauce. This was really good, the batter was light and the sauce was tasty, it needed the sauce or it was a little bland, all together it was great. Andi decided on the Firecracker Roll and I went with the Shrimp and Crab Tempura with flavored sea salts. Andi loved her roll, it was tasty. I really liked my entree, the shrimp and crab were very flavorful and the vegetables were so good. The tempura batter was light. The three sea salts were also unique and added some good flavor. We both had ice water. This was a favorite of ours. The wait staff were so nice and attentive. Two thumbs up for this meal, we did get an AP discount. Our total was $60.04.
IMG_0963.JPG IMG_9568.JPG IMG_9569.JPG IMG_9571.JPG

We went to do our other FP+ and the Visa meet and greet. Andi went to meet her friend on the Boardwalk and they had a cupcake and frozen lemonade. Andi spent time with her friend at Epcot as well in the evening. I had gone back to AKL and spent a relaxing evening watching the animals from the deck. I just snacked on some cheese and crackers in the room and Andi got a Mickey pretzel with cheese before heading back to AKL. The total for Andi's snacks were $16.00. Andi said the cheese was different with her pretzel and she didn't like it as well.
IMG_0829.JPG IMG_0815.jpg IMG_3309.JPG

Wow, the Boathouse food looks great! I think that pasta looks delicious, although I feel like if I went there I would want fish or steak just because. I love a good caesar salad, too.

That is so great to know how good they are with her peanut allergy. My brother just found out, at age 18, that he has a severe peanut allergy. He had a somewhat allergic reaction once as a kid, and just stayed away from it. My mom always thought he was exaggerating (because he always did!) and it turns out he really was allergic. So now we have to be extra careful, as I'm sure you understand, although his is just if he actually ingests peanuts. He commented that it's pretty hard as a college kid to go out to eat and he always carries an Epi pen with him. I'm glad she can dine pretty much worry-free in Disney!
Thanks for joining in! The Boathouse was really good and the pasta dish did look really good, I would be tempted to get it if we went again. The menu had many great seafood choices!

Andi's allergy can be scary for sure, I worry when she goes off to college, yikes! Disney has been great with her allergy, we really have found the chefs and wait staff to be very accommodating. I'm glad you brother has his Epi-pen at all times, that's the mom in me lol!

Great that you felt comfortable splitting up, so you could have some relaxation time, and she could hang-out with her friend!! Teppan- Edo sounds great, but I always find sushi so expensive for the portion sizes, I only like when it's an all-you-can-eat situation! LOL!

Your tour sounds like a ton of fun, and what a good idea to do it on such a busy day. I can't wait until Casey is big enough for some of those things. Speaking of big enough, love Andi going out on her own and still photographing her food. You're totally raising that one right :-)

Loving your meal at Tokyo Dining. Casey and I actually ate there by ourselves once and somehow ended up with a window table. Still not sure how that one happened :-) But your food looks awesome. Love that the calamari wasn't typical ring style and their tempura is oh so good. And yum on Andi's roll. How spicy was it? Trying to see if my slushi girl could handle it :P

Dessert for breakfast is fine at Disney, we went to Sweet Spells. I got the wonderfully delicious carrot cake cookie

Andi had the Mickey shaped cookie, this was good as well, she really enjoys this one. It always looks like it is going to be dry to me but it is soft and chewy And the chocolate is fresh on it
These are 2 of my favorite snacks! The carrot cake cookie is heavenly :cloud9: I discovered that cookie in MK last January and have gotten one (or two) ever trip since.

We walked around the Boardwalk and decided to try the ice cream at Ample Hills Creamery.
I'm glad they were so great about Andi's allergy :) We tried their ice cream in Nov. It was good - it's hard for ice cream to be bad lol - but I think I'd pick Beaches and Cream over Ample Hills.

I also got a glass of wine, it was a moscato, I did enjoy it.
That's my wine!

The tour is called the Undiscovered Future World.

I would recommend this tour, our tour guide was really great, very informative.
DH and I did this tour last August and I have been raving about it ever since! We absolutely loved it!! I had been looking forward to it, but was blown away by how great it was. We had an awesome tour guide as well which I believe 100% can make or break the tour, but really FW is so interesting when you get to know all the details :goodvibes I loved seeing the lounges, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter