Party of 2 for Milennium Falcon

supamaki

Drinkin' around the world!
I've been reading that if you're a party of 2 you almost always get delegated to the engineers role in the Falcon and a larger party gets to fly and shoot. Can I ask for the pilot seat and wait a bit? I don't want to be the engineer.

Thoughts?

I've been reading that if you're a party of 2 you almost always get delegated to the engineers role in the Falcon and a larger party gets to fly and shoot. Can I ask for the pilot seat and wait a bit? I don't want to be the engineer.

Thoughts?

You can ask if it would be possible.

Unless they've changed recently, since Covid it was one party per vehicle.

It did change - they added plexiglass dividers in front of the engineers’ seats. They will now put one party in the pilots/gunners section and one party in engineers - which is why parties of 1 or 2 are likely to get stuck there.

As a lone rider, I was placed in a non-pilot chair all the time regardless of request or anything else in the pre-pandemic era. Looks like things aren't going to change much during next month's visit. :charac2:

Just say you are not comfortable riding with another party. Unlike other rides, at least in February, they were always willing to accommodate distancing requests.

Me & DD were engineers first time, with another party of 2 as pilots. We went back close to closing another evening & kept requesting pilot with each cast member we encountered in the queue. Eventually we ended up just the two of us as pilots, nobody else riding with us.

Yeah, we discovered we're terrible pilots!

I did rope drop this morning and went immediately to Falcon. Was placed in engineers seat behind a couple. Most people in line seemed to be couples so there was no choice but to put 2 upfront.

Hoping since it's just me and my wife we have a chance to get pilot, but it's looking like it just depends on the day/time/etc. Thanks for the update today!

We’re a party of 3 and had been on the ride pre and post Covid a total of 5 times. Always in the back. So the last chance we had to ride we asked the loading CM if it was possible for DS to pilot because so far we’ve only become very experienced engineers. The CMs were fantastic. Not only did they give us a ship to ourselves (the plexiglass had been installed a few weeks prior), one came inside and coached us before the ride started. Awesome CMs 🙂 It was just before park close which may have helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter