Part Two Just Hard Rock Info

Mom of teens

Earning My Ears
Day 1
Checked in around 5pm Checkin a breeze. We received a free anniversay CD. We did get the Loews room upgrade using the entertainment rate the room was $117.00 and we were upgraded to a poolview. Hotel was awesome staff were helpful. Walked out to check out the pool than off to buy my passes for the next day. I used the Discover card and got 4 adult 3 day passes for about 383.00 not bad!!
We then had snacks, drinks and key lime pie at margueritaville. Food and service were good. We then headed back for a swim the waterslide is great fun but the pool depth is quite shallow this was a dissapointment. Later we headed back to city walk to shop and watch the fireworks. We had a late night snack at patamore of pizza and Italian wedding soup then back to our cozy beds at the hard rock.
Thoughts for day 1- No matter how old your kids are if you are with them they revert back to childhood so make sure they pack all the important stuff!!!

Momofteens...glad you got an upgrade with the ent card. Do you know or can you guess how the ssquare footage of the pool view rooms ?

I'm not sure but the four of us were comfortable and that was after having an entire cono at Daytona. I was glad we got the upgrade too I didn't even have to ask at check in I showed my loews card and he said you are upgraded to a poolveiw.

What do you mean by Loews room upgrade? How do you go about getting that? How do you get an entertainment rate?

I also would like to know about the LOEWS card!! We are using the entertainment rate on poolview & would like to be upgraded! For previous poster the Entertainment rate is with the Entertainment card/book. You can get it at Entertainment.com.

The card is the loew's first card you can sign up on line at the loews homepage www.loewshotels.com or call toll free 1-800-LOEWS-12 I hope your trip is wonderful. :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce:

I checked in Memorial Day Weekend and was told the Hotel was at 101% occupancy so no upgrade but my Entertainment rate of 117.50/nite was lowered to 99.00/nite. We loved the room and the hotel.

I wanted to go in for just a couple of nights end of June but they are giving me a price of $189! and that is the lowest price I have found. I don't know if I will go to HRH now. I did apply for the Loew's card though. They have no EC rates at this time. You got a GREAT deal!

$99/nite. What? They just gave that price to you because they could not give you an upgrade.

It doesn't cost anything to become a Loews First member. Just call 1-800-LOEWS-12, you can apply online but they received my application so I called to confirm membership.
For the room upgrade question : I didn't have to ask I just showed my card and was told they had no upgrades available but I had a choice of a gift basket or reduced rate. I didn't need a gift basket but the extra cash would always come in handy.
I didn't receive any other benefits. I ask for Milk & Cookies I was told ok on the last nigth when they didn't come I called Star Services and they said they would take care of it but never did. I mentioned this at check-out and I was given a comment card to fill out about this.
As a Loews First member you get 500 bonus AAdvantage miles with hotel stay at checkout I had to remind them but I got my miles.
Also every guest with children get welcome gift (little bag with ball and tattoos) I had to go back to Front Desk to get these.
Sorry this is soooo long but I really did LOVE the hotel and already have 2 friends trying to make ressies.
If you have anymore questions please ask away!

We'll be at the HRH the end of June for 4 yr old's b-day. When you show your card at check in, do you have to "ask" for anything or do they just offer and give you stuff? I hate to sound pushy when I stay somewhere so "uppy", but if that's what I have to do I will.;)

What did you mean about the shallow pool depth, how shallow is it? I am still trying to decide whether or not I am going to HRH end of June. I have one night extra to fill now and am holding a room at $189 but that is somewhat high. I was hoping to just hang at the pool. I hear the slide is great, but how shallow of water do you come out in?
Thanks for any help.

I also can get into the Swan that day for an AP rate of $150, but wanted HRH thinking it had a better pool with the neat slide. I am bringing my 14 yo niece with us and wanted something really nice for her but money is an issue. Thanks for any help.

I didn't ask for the upgrade, I just showed my Loews First card and was told they had no upgrades available and they offered the lower rate (I didn't ask for it and never heard of anyone else getting this before).
I didn't find the hotel to be "uppy" whatever that means, but very cool and laid back. Many of the employees have various (punk) hair colors.
We came back from the parks the first night and just wanted burgers which weren't on Sunset Grill menu but the hostess said we could have whatever we wanted and Scooby Doo was there too 9:30PM.
As far as the pool depth I think 4 1/2 feet was deepest part but my kids loved the pool and we liked laying in 0 depth sipping frozen drinks. I wish I was there now!
If you want a deeper pool you can use the pools at Porto Fino, we walked over there but the hotel was very quiet compared to the HRH.

I want to go there so badly but am hesitating about the $185 a night price, I so far cannot get any discounts end of June. Can you really use the Portofino pool? That would be so cool.

Hard Rock and Porto Fino share pools so yes you could pool hop. I don't know when you are planning to go but I just checked rate on expedia.com and they are showing Gardenview for 169.00/nite. I think that is is the HRH special intro rate maybe you could get this by calling Loews directly. Good Luck!
P.S. the dates I checked were 6/25-6/30

Thank you! Yes they did have HRH for $169, that is less than I had seen it before. Now I have to decide between HRH and Swan which I can get for special rate of $150 with AP. Any thoughts? Never stayed in either hotel.

It all depends on where you want to be for those couple of days. The perk of HRH is you can walk to the parks in 5 minutes and front of the line access. It is a beautiful resort but yes the pool is shallow. It is just a couple of days I would stay closest to what you really want to do Disney or Universal. Good luck in your decision no matter what you will have a great time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter