PART THREE of Liav and Jody's Trip Report!

Having just enjoyed Disneyland Hotel, I wish I'd paid the extra and gone Castle Club. But only found out about the VIP Fastpass after booking.

We stayed at SL previously. Enjoyed SL and DLH. And as a holiday to DLRP isn't cheap, I'd rather pay a bit extra and get the best. But that's me, and I can understand that others would choose differently.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with VIP fastpasses.

BTW, I'm enjoying your trip reports. I don't have many comments to make, except to say thanks for sharing.

Wow, what fantastic views from the hotel!! It must be so amazing eating breakfast hearing the music and seeing the park "wake up"!!

Looking forward to the next installment Jody

Rhiannon :wizard:

jodyb said:
does anyone have any idea why the DLH would have so much higher overhead than Yacht Club?

Jodyb: WONDERFUL REPORT !!!!!!!!!!
Very glad to enjoy your pictures ! ( DGH likes to "picture" himself as GRUMPY -though he's really a sweetie ... ;) don't tell him !!!)

I'm very interested in your comparison ..... and SOOOOOO HAPPY you and Liav were treated as PRINCESSES !!!!

I felt rested myself while reading of CC !!!!
Does CC have a "private" access to DLP ? Did you feel CC rooms were ALL (or most of them) sold out ? How many people were there in the CC lounge during the day ?

In MHO WDW has MANY very nice - elegant hotels : someone love Grand Floridian, but somebody else loves the Contemporary (due to proximity) somebody else loves Yacht&Beach (it's nice to stroll to Epcot) or someone else, like me, would like to try the Polynesian, very well themed. Last summer we stayed at Wilderness Lodge and we loved it SOOO much ... and do not forget Animal Kingdom Lodge.

While DLP has only Disneyland Hotel which is very close to both parks and really wonderful in theming: I believe this is the reason why it is so overpriced.

Waiting for part 4
Laura :flower1:

We all knew that anyone married to the wonderful Laura HAD to have some redeeming qualities after all! :flower1:

And thanks to DGH I'll be able to include pictures in all my reports. I'm feeling ever so much better today, so there may be part 4 later on.

To answer your questions, Laura, yes, there is a private lift from just next to the park turnstiles going up to the CC reception. It works with the CC room key only. As far as full occupancy, I am not really sure... breakfasts were not crowded, but tea time the lounge was quite full. There are only about 12 tables in the lounge (correct me someone if this estimate is off!). The largest seat 6, and most others seat 4... Even at tea time the atmosphere was quiet and pleasant. The only noise in Castle Club comes up from the second floor - there is an opening in the ceiling from the 2nd to 3rd floors.

Interesting you mentioned the other deluxe WDW hotels. I've stayed at the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary, but never on the concierge services - my next dream for WDW is Contemporary Concierge 14th floor. With it's view of the Magic Kingdom and also being in walking distance, it may well rival Castle Club!

:D :flower1: :D :flower1: :D

jodyb said:
And thanks to DGH I'll be able to include pictures in all my reports.

I WILL REMOVE THAT POST!

Snow_White_2.jpg

GRUMP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter