Part 4 - Disney Debbie turns into Drowned Debbie!

Disney Debbie

<font color=deeppink>Survivor<br><font color=blue>
Monday, May 21st

Got up around 8:00 and went to Universal first this morning. There is a bakery on the right – across from the Lucy Tribute – and we ate breakfast there. There was no one in there when we went in! – we thought it was closed. I had a blueberry muffin, DD a giant chocolate chip cookie and DH – a roast beef sandwich!! He was hungry;) While we were eating “Lucy” came in and got some coffee! “Desi” was waiting for her outside – and they really were in character the whole time. DD went to go look at the Lucy Tribute while we finished eating. When I went to go meet her there they said they’d closed it for ½ an hour because of someone from CA flying in. Okay – so where’s my DD!!? They went in and found her – and kicked her out! That was kind of weird – wish I’d known who was there!

We went first to T2 – this was DH and I’s first time to see this and it was GREAT! I really, really liked this. We had an excellent “PR” woman who did the pre-show. We knew she was really funny – didn’t realize just how good she was until we went back at the end of the day and got a different woman. The 2nd woman did her job and was fine – but the 1st woman was hysterical!

After T2 went down and saw Back to The Future – I’d have to say this was probably our biggest disappointment! We’d all seen it before – but it just seemed kind of dated and really, really jerked you around. DH and I were on the back row and there is no padding to speak of behind your head. It really hurt! And – continuing my steady march to old age – it made me feel kind of queasy! Nothing like the Hulk though!

We walked on down to look at Curious George’s area. We’d seen Fieval’s playground before and thought it was cute. We LOVED Curious George!! And we’re 40, 41 and 15! We looked at all the little pulls and surprises and then went to the upstairs to shoot the water cannons. We DID NOT take the time to sit back and see what all else happened! We were squirting the water cannons when we heard this warning bell go off several times. I’d seen the big bucket over the firehouse and was pointing and laughing at the kids over there. Well this one kid was pointing and laughing back at us!! Well – there was a big bucket above us too!! I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time! I wish they’d had a camera like they do on the “big” rides to get the looks on our faces when WE got wet!! Then we went in the Ball Factory and had even more fun! This is a really fun, fun area for all ages – especially if you don’t mind getting a little wet! Or SOAKING WET!! We went and sat on one of the benches and just watched the little kids have a grand old time and kept hoping to seem someone else get creamed like we did! The bell started going off again for the fire house and all of the sudden DD jumps up and stands directly in the path of the water – and gets completely soaked!! This is the one who didn’t want to get the least bit wet on Jurassic River Adventure!! It was a very nice and refreshing break – we were probably there an hour!

From there we went to the Animal Planet Live show. It was very cute. Then on to Mel’s Diner for some burgers. They were adequate – nothing to write home about! We sat out side because DD was still soaked and didn’t want to sit in AC! We decided to go on to IOA and do the Bilge-Rat Barges since we were soaked anyway – DD had agreed to it – I couldn’t get her on Ripsaw Falls! She won’t do Splash Mountain either! :rolleyes: So on to IOA we went!

The Bilge-Rat Barges were the only FOTL where you just opened a side door and you walked right into the middle of the last turn on the line! There was no attendant and I didn’t like it at all. This one really did make you feel like you were just breaking in line. Luckily, the people we stepped in front of didn’t knock our lights out! This was a really fun ride! I’ve done this type of raft ride before but this was by far the best. It was themed very nicely and lots of swirls and dips. As you go by Me Ship the Olive there are people up there who have water cannons to squirt you with! We all got completely soaked on this one –but it was fun! We immediately went to Me Ship the Olive and got our revenge! I’m just a sucker for squirting strangers with water!! Heh, heh, heh!

So now that we were thoroughly soaked we went back to the room, put on the suits and lounged around the pool for 2 hours!

Plusses
Curious George was the cutest “children’s” play area I’ve ever seen! I don’t think I mentioned that there were plenty of benches that all had mister fans right behind them. So there’s a nice cool place to sit and watch the kids if you don’t want to get wet yourself!

I’m not sure if I mentioned how nice FOTL was!!

Minuses
Didn’t like the way we were integrated in the Bilge-Rat Barge line.

They need to update and pad! Back to the Future

Final report to come…………….

What ages of kids are allowed on the Curios George playground area? Would 11 and 13 look silly there, or even be allowed on it?

Debbie, Just wanted to let you know how much I am emjoying your reports!! Only 26 more days for us!!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

Thanks Kim - Hope you have a great time!

Sherry - this is one 40 year old "kid" who played all over it! And I probably looked silly - but I didn't care! :p There is no age restriction! :bounce:

Myself (27), "little" brother (25) and his girfriend (20-something) spent about an hour playing at Curious George's too ... I'm sure we looked silly, but who cares? It's tooooo much fun ....

DisneyDebbie

I'm not quite clear on how you feel about FOTL. Did you like it? LOL

Yes Debbie, I keep waiting for you to mention something about FOTL! When you get the chance...please share what you think!
;)

Thanx,

Thanks for taking time to write these reports. I feel like I'm there too!

I was afraid I might not have mentioned it;) FOTL ROCKS!!!

Thanks for your kind comments! I'll try and finish up tonight or tomorrow!

Mahalo again for the great reports.
The huge chocolate chip cookies are our breakfast of choice at Universal. :bounce:

Barry should add a suggestion to ride BTTF last into his trip tips :) It really has become rough....but it's still a great ride!

Jim

Disney Debbie,

I really have enjoyed reading your trip reports. Thankyou for posting them!
Vicky:pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter