• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

part 2 to my post of worried about our cat

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I posted a few days ago about our 17 yr old cat we noticed he lost alot of weight wasnt eating

so I called the vet and she was able to bump our app and came yesterday

she said he lost 3 1/2 pounds since the last time she saw him which was over a yr ago

she also said he has a slight heart murmur

then she said hes a very sick kitty--then the tears started--she took some blood and said shed call tomorrow with the results

she thinks its the liver thats what I though too since he has some of the same sympoms that our 10 yr old had

he seems alittle stronger then she was she couldnt jump anymore he just jumped on the couch--she was alway trying to hide--for the most part hes out in the open--quite but around

I sure hope we dont have to have him put to sleep--I know hes 17 --he just looks at you with his big eyes

but we dont want him to suffer--tomorrow will tell thanks for listening take care

Im so so sorry about your kitty. It's unbelievably hard when our dear pets become very ill.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. It's such a big worry, you don't want them to suffer, but you don't want to lose them either. I lost my kitty earlier in the year.
:hug:

I'm so sorry.

Our 13 year old dog died at home last month from complications of his epilepsy. He had one final seizure that set off a heart attack. I know how hard it is to make the decisions that you are facing but I hope you can find some sort of peace, whatever you decide. Give kitty a scratch under his chin from me, please (unless he doesn't like that).

I'm so sorry. :hug: You did the right thing getting the blood work. It's always better to make decisions with as much information as possible.

So sorry, have been there and done that. In the end, you will do what is best for your furbaby. You love him, he loves you, and he has to trust you to make the best decisions for him, since he can't do it himself. Sending you prayers and pixie dust and a big :grouphug:

Thanks for all the caring posts. I feel so bad right now. He's next to me needing my pillow❤️ Haven't heard from the vet yet but it's early. I did get him to eat so more wet food last night not a lot be he ate it.

I will give him a scratch for you mrs cobra bubbles. He loves it. He puts his whole head in my hsnd for more ❤️If you don't mind I'll let you know what the wait has to say. Thanks again I really appreciate just being able to come here and talk

Sorry my latest post didn't go through. I had said thanks so much for the caring posts. We haven't heard from the vet yet but it's still early. Right now he's knee ding my pillow. I did get him to eat some more wet food last night. He really seemed to like thst

Actually my first post did go through. Please excuse any mistakes as I.m typing this through tears. The vat just called. Our cubbie is a very sick kittyhis kidneys are going he has leukemia he's eating somewhat and using the pan. Today so far he's doing pretty good. The vet says he's not suffering but it's close. I don't want to find him expired in the house

:( Sorry to hear this. At his age, maybe the best thing for him is to have the vet put him to sleep, to spare both you and your furbaby anymore agony. I don't mean to sound harsh, but as you said, you don't want to find him expired in the house. Maybe the humane thing would be to just let him go to sleep. More prayers sent your way. I know it's hard, I have done it too many times with too many furbabies over the years. Just hold him close, tell him you love him, and that he will always be a part of your heart, because he will be.

I'm sure you'll do what your friend needs most. It's never easy, it's not supposed to be. But you are the only one who can help him now.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug:

Sending prayers for your kitty. We just found out that my 17 year old kitty (who lives with my parents) is in early stage kidney failure. They are going to try switching her food to stop the progression but she is one of those cats that will only eat ONE food. I told my mom if she won't eat the special food, they may as well give her the food she loves and let her enjoy the rest of her life. Obviously we won't let her suffer when her kidneys really start to go, but there is no point in letting her starve rather than eat what she likes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter