• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parkvue Inn

monana

when you wish upon a star..
I was just wondering if anyone has stayed at The parkvue inn? And if so what are your thoughts about this hotel? Thanks for any and all input. If you have pictures of your room that you stayed in that would be awesome.

Thanks for this...this is where we are staying for our July trip...you don't hear much about it on here so I am also interested....Trip Advisor seems to have pretty good reviews though and its RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET!! That is what got me to try it along with the breakfast and free parking

Yes, we stayed there 3 yrs. ago and will be there again in 2 weeks. My family and I really liked it there. We had a Queen--bunk room which was nice for my kids, the room was clean and a little small, but worked for us! Loved how close to the crosswalk it is, so we could come back anytime. Breakfast was nice ( hot and cold food---kids like the waffle-maker! ) Smaller pool, but was good enough on hot days. Overall we were happy there and knew then we would stay there again! Love being that close to Disneyland!! :cool1:

A few years ago (I think maybe 2 summers?), a frequent poster had found bed bugs at Park Vue Inn (PVI), and the management didn't respond as well as expected. Since then, I think the Disboarders, on the whole, have been a little slow to "forgive and forget." That being said, DH and I tried it out last year, and have been converted! PVI is now our first choice.

Here's the links to my 2 reviews I made after coming home from the trips.

Pictures of the Jacuzzi suite. I think my review is half way through the page: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1745747&highlight=park+vue+inn&page=46

My review of the 2 queen suite, no pictures, about half way down the page. This one also has the links to the prior issues of PVI: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3070478&highlight=park+vue+inn

Good luck on your decision!

We stayed there about two years ago and really liked it! We were in a suite with two beds in one room and a couch and mini kitchen in the other room. We saved a lot of money on food between the mini kitchen and the food Park Vue provided for free. We were bummed when it was booked when we were there last December! We ended up staying at the Anabella which was nice too but a much further walk. It doesn't get much closer than the Park Vue!!

We stayed there in August of 2010 and November of 2011 and had no issues. Older place, we found it clean, breakfast was ok, you can make waffles. Cannot beat proximity, we just like to try different hotels all the time.

We did a six day stay in September in a 2 queen rm and a 12 day stay in January this year in a 2 rm suite. They are upgrading the rooms. We had new carpets, curtains and bedding. The beds are soft and comfy and the towels are soft and fluffy. Breakfast is awesome and plenty of free parking. Pool area is nice too. We won't stay anywhere else now unless the DLH is $200 a night and that is never going to happen :teacher:

We stayed there for 4 nights in Dec. 2011 and for 5 night Aug. 2013. It is an older motel, but it was clean both times. No Bugs! The beds are comfortable, the towels are nice. The rooms are smallish, but I don't care about that. In August we had the two queen with bunk beds. That's a great setup since we have 4 kids. The pool is good. The breakfast is handy. My kids like the waffles too. It always has some sort of protein. The best part is the location. I think it is as close as you can get to the crosswalk. On our last trip we took afternoon breaks for a swim and then naps. It's just a quick jaunt back to the parks.

I read the negative reviews too. Truthfully, I always worry about bed bugs, regardless of where I'm staying. They are becoming quite a problem. I always bring my essential oil sprays. I spray down the bed everywhere with a blend of oils that bed bugs are supposed to hate. The room always smells really good after that!;) I also brought an oil that cockroaches are supposed to hate. I think it was peppermint. Never saw one. I sprayed under the sink and all over the bathroom. We traveled with friends and they never saw a bug in their room either.

No matter where I'm staying, I never set my luggage on the floor. I always keep my suitcases up. And I always take my oils. I also spray my luggage.

We're planning a trip in 2015 and we'll stay there again. The location is unbeatable. I think with tax we were still under $200 per night. I would rather have a less expensive motel and more days in the park vs higher room rates and less days in the parks.

We've stayed there multiple times with no bad experiences. Can't beat it for convenience. Easy walking to restaurants as well as being literally across the street from the parks. It is an old "motel" style. No frills, but breakfast/free parking is a great bonus.

Can anybody tell me what they have for breakfast? Is it just waffles and coffee or do they have a lot of different stuff to choose from? We are going to stay there a couple of nights this coming week and I was just wondering.

Sure they have..

Make your own waffles
Eggs... hot and cold hard boiled
Protein.... either bacon or turkey sausage
Biscuits and gravy... some days.... great biscuits...yummy
Homemade hashbrowns...yummy
Cold cereal
Yogurt
Fresh fruit salad
Toast
Juice..apple, cranberry, orange
Coffee... it's good

They have very nice ladies who keep everything stocked and cleaned up. I always tip them. They have a basket in the corner by their work area.

We will be there next week as well, arriving Wed. According to a post on Tripadvisor; The breakfast was exceptional, with plenty of outdoor patio seating, which we all enjoyed on the sunny mornings. Every day there was plenty of eggs, sausage or bacon, waffles, cereals, biscuits and gravy, coffee, milk and juice.. I've read similar comment stating the same. We've stayed here before, but many, many moons ago...
See ya real soon! Like next week I guess.

We have spent well over 50 nights in the last 10 years here. Never had a single issue with bugs, cleanliness, or customer service.

On one trip my daughter came down with a virus, and we were stuck in the room for they day. I asked the hostess at breakfast if I could take some oatmeal packets back to the room for DD to nibble during the day, and she told me to take what ever I needed. About a half hour later there was a knock at the door. It was someone from the front desk with balloons, 2 Disney coloring books, crayons, markers, a Tinkerbell puzzle, and a plate of warm cookies for DD. She was beyond thrilled, and DH and DS didn't feel as guilty for leaving us to go to the parks. The front desk even called later in the day to ask how she was feeling, and to see if we needed anything. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter