Parks will be closed for Ian

Talk about “WOAH”. The lack of communication from Universal is unacceptable. It is already almost 8am, and no follow up since their vague communication last night. Again, WOAH!
I agree. The communication and messaging from Universal is not good. That is leadership’s fault. I imagine it makes the team members job more difficult also because they don’t have answers for the guests stuck at the hotels.

Just went up and talked to the people at the parks/ticket desk. They said they have no clue when/if anything will even open today - including VB and citywalk, and transportation.
We are unable to use 2 days on our 5 day ticket. She said instead of calling, once guest services opens up we can visit one of the booths at the park, but we are leaving tomorrow so I’m not sure that will be an option.
I just wish they would communicate and let everyone know. The lobby is full of confused people. Kids and families up there with their lanyards on, thinking the parks are open to hotel guests, ready to start their day, but everyone is finding out there’s no where to go. Disney gave operating hours yesterday, and are doing 2 hours of early park admission for hotel guests this morning. SeaWorld was honest and let everyone know they wouldn’t be opening. Crickets from Universal outside of the very vague message from yesterday 😔
Same
Boat. We are at hard rock and I have gotten three different stories. People
Are really really mad here. And city walk is not going to appease them. What is frustrating is resort pools still aren’t open and yet Disney was at the poly at least. People are about to lose it here. Please
Communicate!!!!

Currently at Cabana Bay. nobody has any clue what is going on with staff. they are great considering what just happened but still , no direction from higher up means a huge fail from leadership to not pass down anything. people will get really mad soon and will take it out on the front line staff

not fair for them either. all this while the leadership is sitting in there comfy boardroom chairs and not really caring. a simple bird call is all we need UO

Currently at Cabana Bay. nobody has any clue what is going on with staff. they are great considering what just happened but still , no direction from higher up means a huge fail from leadership to not pass down anything. people will get really mad soon and will take it out on the front line staff

not fair for them either. all this while the leadership is sitting in there comfy boardroom chairs and not really caring. a simple bird call is all we need UO
City Walk may be opening now based on what I see on Twitter. Multiple people posting that they have been let into City Walk or are getting on buses. Not sure I would count on VB being open at 11 but maybe later today. It sucks that the staff aren't even being told what is happening.

City Walk may be opening now based on what I see on Twitter. It sucks that the staff aren't even being told what is happening.

can confirm this. the big boss at Cabana Bay just came in the lobby to confirm this.

VB for hotel guest until capacity. citywalk for hotel guest only. i keycard no access period. resort will probably not be opened today due to some serious issues on some rides.

for CW, bus access only , no parking garage are opened

At VB now and it’s amazing- near empty. UniversalNewsToday is saying all parks open tomorrow for all guests. I agree, communication from Universal has been horrible. We overheard suits talking is how we found out VB was open. They said in 15 minutes so we headed over.

Got a call early this morning asking us if we were going to still need our cabana rental today. LOL one hand definitely did not know what the other was doing.

Looking at the Universal app it appears most rides are up and running. Looks like they have done a great job getting things going. As of now I only see Hulk, JP, Dudley Do Right, ET, Hippogriff, and some Seuss stuff down.

Did anyone ride river adventure? I saw it had a queue. Anyone who did ride, could you tell there was a big hole in the building, or I wonder if they out some blackout covers on the inside?

Was there any sunlight leakage?

Did anyone ride river adventure? I saw it had a queue. Anyone who did ride, could you tell there was a big hole in the building, or I wonder if they out some blackout covers on the inside?

Was there any sunlight leakage?

They had black tarps covering it, but heard someone say that was being changed, or had been changed, not completely sure on that though.

We never noticed any light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter