Parks will be closed for Ian

Why would you need to create a new thread on a topic that already exists?

Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion / Direct Link

My apologies. I only frequent the Universal board so I never actually saw that thread. I can delete if need be. I'm fairly new here and really only wanted to help people out who might be looking for that information. I'll know better for next time.
That other thread is for Disney, I haven’t seen one for universal yet! Don’t apologize, thanks for sharing

Anybody going to be staying on Universal property the next several days? If so, stay safe and keep us updated things are ok with guests and workers.

We’re going to be here till Oct 4th now thanks to Ian.

Things are looking good so far……they have their crews organised of which staff are going to be staying at the hotel for the duration and are already looking after everyone so well as always.

I haven’t been paying attention because I had no plans to travel, but I did just now get an email from Universal with the same info. I have never been to Orlando during a hurricane, but have been in Sept and Oct several times. There is always a risk I guess. Hope everyone stays safe and dry!

We are at Royal Pacific and they are handling things great.
Having been at Disney during a storm and now here, I’d pick here
No characters or activities but the food situation is 1000% better.
And, we had to extend our stay and instead of charging us whatever they wanted they kept the rate we’d already been booked with.
Spoke to staff here as ride out crew and they are happy too. They got to bring pets and other family members to stay with them here too.
All the restaurants are open and operating normally, aside from the pool bar. Waits for food have been little to none. Maybe things are not as good at one of the resorts with outside entries but here it’s great.

We’re going to be here till Oct 4th now thanks to Ian.

Things are looking good so far……they have their crews organised of which staff are going to be staying at the hotel for the duration and are already looking after everyone so well as always.
Ooh - maybe we’ll see you at Strongwater! All being well we’re moving from WDW to Portofino Bay on Sunday.

Ooh - maybe we’ll see you at Strongwater! All being well we’re moving from WDW to Portofino Bay on Sunday.

I hope so! If you see us, give us a holler.

Things are good here, lots of activities listed for families and kids which is nice. They have a detailed choice of activities listed in the CL, I think families appreciate the effort they have gone to with keeping kids amused.

Club Lounge are keeping us well stocked up in fizz which is good…:thumbsup2 Flooding around is not so good, but they clear it quickly.

By tomorrow we’d never know there had been a hurricane……

Cannot praise staff enough for the efforts they are putting in.

We heard one man complain and moan and everyone around was like…….c’mon give them a break……..some folks just have to make the staff’s life difficult. He’s checking out today we’re all glad to see.

Happy Thursday………:)

Glad to hear everything is going ok thru the storm. We’re due to arrive on Saturday and have been on the fence about canceling - mostly worried about the roads and getting there but also whether rides may be damaged or shut down. I saw already this morning the Jurassic Park River Adventure ride building looks like it took some damage from the storm.

Hi guys and gals,

Been a long old time since I posted, here with my mate in cabana bay. Just had a little walk round and saw for myself the big hole in the side of Jurassic park river adventure show building, blimey!

IMG_20220929_141824.jpg

Seeing lots of pics on Facebook of the lagoons flooded at HRH, RP, and Portofino. Walkways to the parks and boat loading areas are underwater.

Seeing lots of pics on Facebook of the lagoons flooded at HRH, RP, and Portofino. Walkways to the parks and boat loading areas are underwater.
Sure aren’t here at RP where I am
I can see the boats moored in the lagoon and they are in normal positions, not out of place, nothing flooded.

There is a lot of water around.

The pool is overflowing too and has a lot of debris in it. The canopy on the Bula Bar has been ripped off too. But thankfully no real downed trees or similar to Irma.

Islands had no wait for lunch, but Jake’s had 45 minute waits today.

They have a list of activities they have arranged over the last couple of days around, thankfully kids have been amused for the most part.

Movies are being shown too, think it’s ET today and something else.

Very cool outside and still raining but no torrential downpours now, fingers crossed!

Sure aren’t here at RP where I am
I can see the boats moored in the lagoon and they are in normal positions, not out of place, nothing flooded.
I posted a few in the hotels forum. Hopefully the waters recede quickly!

There is a lot of water around.

The pool is overflowing too and has a lot of debris in it. The canopy on the Bula Bar has been ripped off too. But thankfully no real downed trees or similar to Irma.

Islands had no wait for lunch, but Jake’s had 45 minute waits today.

They have a list of activities they have arranged over the last couple of days around, thankfully kids have been amused for the most part.

Movies are being shown too, think it’s ET today and something else.

Very cool outside and still raining but no torrential downpours now, fingers crossed!
I saw the canopy on the pool bar and told DH I doubt the pool opens as soon as the parks with all the green in the bottom.
Have seen no flooding though, have you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter