Parks Game: Part 10! How Perfect is That!!!

Granny

Yeah, I'm a guy
This continues the long-running DIS board trivia game about the WDW theme parks. This thread was begun on September 17, 2001 by supamaki in the days after the 9-11 terrorist attacks, and was a source of escapism and a safe haven in the days following that great tragedy. Since that time, this thread has stayed on this board through it’s nine versions with hundreds of players partaking in the fun of asking and answering questions related to WDW theme park trivia.

There are only a few rules….

You may ask a question after correctly answering a question and being awarded an AAQ (Ask A Question) card.

Questions should be in bold to allow us to follow the game more easily.

Lurking is okay, but it’s a lot more fun to jump in and guess! There is no punishment for wrong answers here!! :p

Questions should be focused on the four WDW theme parks in order to maintain our place on this board. A continued thank you to the moderators for allowing this game to continue for more than two years.

And, in keeping with Parks Game tradition, we will begin this thread with the question that started it all….

In what WDW attraction is there a dog named Nana? And what year did it open?

Now, come on in and join the fun! :)

Ok, I'll start this one off....Nana is in Peter Pan's Flight, and I'm guessing pre- 1980's. How about 1979?

Sno....very good, you will indeed find Nana in Peter Pan's Flight. But you're guess on the year is too high. :)

Thanks for joining in the game!

Peter Pan's Flight opened in 1971

This is one of my all time favorite rides and

ITS MY 200th POST woohoo:jumping1: :jumping1:

Granny - Didn't Peter Pan open when MK opened? That would be 1971!

Granny - how about 1971 for Peter Pans flight?

wow - i was slow with that answer -- two breakeys beat me to it... :)

adamb

Oh my -- me and my brothers are head to head, neck to neck -- and yet I win by my lovely nose ;)

On what attraction can you watch an NFL football game? and what 2 teams are playing? Bonus card if you can identify the star of the game.

Bringing this question forward from part 9.

So far we have:

Spaceship Earth is where you will find the game. (Granny)

1 of the teams has been identified as the Colts (lacool)

Johnny Unitas was probably in the game (adamB) but not the player I was looking for...but still ok

not:
NY Giants, Dolphins, Bills, Bucs, Dallas, Vikings, Steelers, NY Jets,

OJ, Marino, Keyshawn, Staubach, Tiki or Ronde Barber, Tarkenton, Mean Joe Green, Joe Willie Namath,

looking for the other team...think "old-school"...the Colts were still in Baltimore...
and it's Star Player.

Ah yes, it was indeed one of the opening day attractions. Sorry boys, but it looks like Bethie beat you to it!!! :p

An AAQ card to Sno for knowing PPF, and to Beth for nailing down the year!!

New thread, let's break out the party!!

how about bart Starr - of the Green Bay Packers?

edit -- Darn it Granny - you beat me to it -- I am slow this afternoon.

I'm sorry if I misled you...no it's not Bart Starr or the Packers...

It's too bad I'm not that creative...:rolleyes:
Let me try to be creative with a hint.

Hint: The Player who was featured on the game we saw is in the Hall of Fame. His team name was VERY appropriate for him...

How about Jim Brown of the Cleveland Browns! :p

And Beth....congratulations on your 200th post! :)

Tht last clue really threw me, but here are all the Colts players in the HOF (warning shotgun blast coming:

# Raymond Berry (1973) - 1955-1967
# Eric Dickerson (1999) - 1987-1991
# Art Donovan (1968) - 1953-1961
# Weeb Ewbank (1978) - 1954-1962
# Ted Hendricks (1990) - 1969-1973
# John Mackey (1992) - 1963-1971
# Gino Marchetti (1972) - 1953-1964, 1966
# Lenny Moore (1975) - 1956-1967
# Jim Parker (1973) - 1957-1967

Todd - do you see what you have started -- now everyone will call me Bethie and it is Highschool all over again!

;)

I am cashing in my AAQ at a later time - right now - more sleep to relieve my Thanksgiving Flu...:(

Granny scores a winner just before the shotgun blast...whew!!!

So, we ended with watching Jim Brown during a Cleveland Browns vs Baltimore Colts game while riding on Spaceship Earth.

Old-School AAQ cards to Granny, lacool, and AdamB.

DisneyJen stumb;es into the CC and sees so many new faces ... and some familiar ones too;)

Looks like we need a question folks ... someone turn in an AAQ please.

And just to keep me honest ...

I'll guess Horizons;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter