Parking?

If you are talking about theme park parking, as a WDW resort guest, you get to park for free in the standard parking areas. If you want the fancy, close up parking, you pay for that.

Jumping off of this - as a DVC member can you park at ANY DVC resort even if you don't have a reservation specifically there?

Given the limited hours at some of the parks and some of the hassle of getting in/out of them was thinking of in some cases going to a resort connected to a park - parking there - and then leveraging that area for after park dining without having to drive over. Ex: Have a booking at say AKL - Is it possible to park at BLT in the morning, walk to MK, spend the day, and then have dinner at the Wave or whatever after MK closes to just avoid TTC?

Jumping off of this - as a DVC member can you park at ANY DVC resort even if you don't have a reservation specifically there?

Given the limited hours at some of the parks and some of the hassle of getting in/out of them was thinking of in some cases going to a resort connected to a park - parking there - and then leveraging that area for after park dining without having to drive over. Ex: Have a booking at say AKL - Is it possible to park at BLT in the morning, walk to MK, spend the day, and then have dinner at the Wave or whatever after MK closes to just avoid TTC?
It depends. You obviously get free parking at the parks and free parking at your resort. If you have a dinner or lunch reservation at a specific resort you can park there. However, depending on the resort you may or may not be allowed to park there. We wanted to park at the GF from BC to just browse and walk around - no dinner reservation- told no- we wanted to park at BLT a few years ago because the quick service there had lobster rolls - again we could not park there. However, a couple days later we were allowed. I think it all depends on who parking availability - but without a food reservation I would not bank on being allowed to park at a resort other than the resort you are staying.

That is a tough one because you have a dinner reseration there. Maybe make a breakfast at the Wave too...their breakfast is really good - then you are guaranteed to be able to park at BLT. Is the contemporary opened or closed? if it is closed you might be able to do it with just the dinner reservation. Part of the problem with BLT is there is very limited parking. My mother who lives with us and travels with us really needs the handicapped spot or to be dropped off in the front. When we stay at BLT many times I will get out in the front with her while my husband parks the car - and literally drives around until he finds a spot to park

I think that if there is any loophole at all with the contracts with DVC, they may try to make renters pay for parking in the future.

That is a tough one because you have a dinner reseration there. Maybe make a breakfast at the Wave too...their breakfast is really good - then you are guaranteed to be able to park at BLT. Is the contemporary opened or closed? if it is closed you might be able to do it with just the dinner reservation. Part of the problem with BLT is there is very limited parking. My mother who lives with us and travels with us really needs the handicapped spot or to be dropped off in the front. When we stay at BLT many times I will get out in the front with her while my husband parks the car - and literally drives around until he finds a spot to park
parking without a dining reservation, and/or outside of 30m - 1 hour of a dining reservation, can also be a problem at other resorts.
They didn't want to even allow our Door Dash delivery into the BoardWalk 2 weeks ago - and this was about 6PM. She had to give our name & room # just to come up the driveway & hand us the order.
Personally, we prefer that they would always be strict about non-resort guest parking, as we have also experienced the frustration of repeatedly driving around a packed lot, trying to find a spot :sad2:

You are not allowed to park at resorts for park visits. Showing up in the morning for a dinner would most likely get you turned away.

As DVC owners, we have no privileges to access resorts other than the ones all on site guests would get.

Just Park at TTC and then you will be all set!

I agree, park at MK parking (TTC) with a dining reservation, you can park at BLT after you get your car. Have a great trip.

Thanks guys. Have to rethink some plans. The Wave isn't as big of a deal but I do have breakfast at Riviera one day and I was certainly just planning on going direct from there to the skyliner to get to Hollywood studios. Doesn't sound like that's allowed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter