Parking strategy for drinks at Gran Destino

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Hi. OK, staying offsite for this trip. I have an AP, but others in my party won't be buying any tickets. All of our activities will be off site, etc. However, I do want to take them to Gran Destino for cocktails. I stayed there about a month ago and absolutely loved it.

Planning on coming around about 8:00ish or so. Should I park at TTC and take Coronado Springs Bus? Should I park at Disney Springs and take bus? If MK is closed early that night, how would I get back to TTC? Yes, as an AP I know I can park at the parks for free, but what if mot parks close early that night? I know Epcot is open until 9:30, but what if we aren't ready to go back until 10:00 ish or so.

Thanks for your help.:love2:

Thanks. I just realized that the reason why MK is closing early is because of Micky's Halloween Party, so basically, the park IS OPEN LATE. So I will just park there and take the bus (unless, of course, we can park at Gran Destino). Thanks.

Assuming Gran Destino is the only Disney activity that day and evening, just go there (Coronado Springs) and tell the guard you are going to Gran Destino. No charge.

For those with multiple Disney activities and eavesdropping, drive to Coronado Springs when it is time for drinks, then, when done, drive to the next activity.

A strategy mentioned years ago about parking at your final activity and riding the bus, Skyliner, etc., applies only if you are parking at a theme park (incl. Transportation & Ticket Center for Magic Kingdom).

Last edited:

Is there a reason you don't want to park at Coronado Springs?

If you don't have a designated driver then maybe just rideshare directly to and from CSR?

There are no resort busses from the ttc. You’d have to park at the ttc, take the ferry or monorail to mk and then a bus to Coronado springs. Personally I’d just drive to Coronado springs and park there.

Option 1: rideshare in both directions
Option 2: drive there, pheromone overimbibe (honestly, I do not understand how auto"correct" works!) even slightly, rideshare back to resort (then back in the morning)
Option 3: drive to CSR, don't overimbibe, drive back to resort
Option 4 (not recommended because parking is supposed to be for visitors only): drive to Disney Springs, bus to CSR, bus back to car, drive to resort.

Option 1: rideshare in both directions
Option 2: drive there, pheromone overimbibe (honestly, I do not understand how auto"correct" works!) even slightly, rideshare back to resort (then back in the morning)
Option 3: drive to CSR, don't overimbibe, drive back to resort
Option 4 (not recommended because parking is supposed to be for visitors only): drive to Disney Springs, bus to CSR, bus back to car, drive to resort.

I'm with Kaytie here. From OP's post, it really doesn't sound like there's any reason to involve MK parking & TTC at all?

If you're going to park at a theme park and take a bus to Coronado, Hollywood or Epcot make a hell of a lot more sense than MK, even before you factor in the need to take a monorail / ferry from TTC to MK (or Epcot Monorail) to actually catch a Coronado bus.

But you don't need to do that anyway; just go to the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter