Parking Newark Airport

StuckinPA

Mouseketeer
I'm new to flying out of Newark and would love a safe and reliable offsite parking place that will shuttle me over to my terminal. Anyone have suggestions?

I'm new to flying out of Newark and would love a safe and reliable offsite parking place that will shuttle me over to my terminal. Anyone have suggestions?
It's been a number of years since I've used Off-airport parking at EWR, so take this with a grain of salt.

I used a company in the past called EWR parking. They were an open-air lot located behind what is now "The Lobby" near the corner of US1/9 and North Avenue. You brought your car, parked out front, checked in and turned over your keys. (They park the car in their lot.) Shuttle service was generally good. I don't remember if I carried my luggage onto the shuttle or if they loaded it in back/below. At the time, you were given a card with a number to call to have the shuttle come pick you up when you returned.

Given your user id, if you are coming into the area on I-78, this is not the easiest place to access, but there are a number of chain parking lots around the airport that may serve you better.

The Parking Spot. Closest to the airport and you never wait long on return. Sign up for Spot club and use AAA discount if you have it.

Edited to add: If you use the app with location services turned on, it will detect you when you approach the doors leaving baggage claim and send for a shuttle. I’ve never waited more than 5 minutes.

Last edited:
I used to park at The Parking Spot's Haynes location, but they reconfigured the exit from the back to the front so it's no longer easy for us to get home (northbound NJT).

We now use EWR onsite lots but book in advance to get a discount. We either park in P6 or P4, depending upon predicted weather.

We no longer park there since Uber is still cheaper for now but be aware other than suggestions some places will sort of bait and switch. You will buy a spot online in one location when you get there they are full but…. A dirt lot a few miles away. With that there was never an issue with safe or shuttle.

We have parked at the Renaissance Hotel and booked thru onairparking.com When you get to the website type in EWR in the search and pick the cheaper option. It doesn't tell you where you will be parking, but there are free cancellations, so if you don't get the renaissance and get someplace you don't like, you can always cancel. Also, look on retailmenot, they have all sorts of coupons for onairparking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter