Parking Lot Trams

The funny thing is they made a fairly big deal of them in the "Trains, Trams and Monorail" episode of "Behind the Attractions". Talking about the way they engage the guest from the moments before they enter the park (particularly at Disneyland).

"There's no doubt the Disneyland tram starts your day off in the right direction. When my daughter goes to Disneyland with me, when she sees the trams, she's ready for the day and ecstatic and the day's already made. That's the first ride of the day, is the tram."

Oh, Disney... though, now I'm wondering if they threw a few Jungle Cruise Skippers on the trams and a some props along the way they could bill it as a new ride. "Crikey mates, don't look now but there's a rare Saturn Outlook coming up on our left. Remember not to make eye contact directly with their headlights or they might charge... but not as well as the Chevy Bolt EUV at our conveniently located charging stations." Look, even a corporate sponsorship opportunity.

I assume they have reduced the parking fee now that there is no tram service? I suppose when the trams do return the fee will go back up to $15 or whatever it was before the shutdown.
$15? 🤣
But I've never ever considered my parking cost to be paying for a tram ride too. Since I never use the trams, I should get a reduced parking fee right? Seems weird to me.

When they do return you will probably have to buy a token at the toll plaza $5 per person per day for tram access (complementary with a DVC Blue Card and/or an incredi-pass)

this low price will also gain you access to use the express monorail or ferry if parking at TTC (or you can walk for free around bay lake paths)

the resort monorail, busses & skyliner will be complementary for guests going to/from the resort they are staying at (Magic band or Magic mobile will be scanned upon boarding)however if you are an off site guest or are going to another resort for an ADR or to look around you will be charged a price that is comparable to whatever the orlando area city busses are charging (I know pre covid where I’m from it was $3 for a day pass lasting 24 hours from time of purchase fwiw)

this is trolling I hope Bob and Josh don’t get ideas
It's like you are inside Chapek's head.

They started hiring for more parking/tram employees a few weeks ago. Its likely a staffing issue. But of course everyone has to think its something its not.
I think everyone understands the issue. A "staffing issue" just means they are either unwilling to increase payroll at this time or are not offering a high enough wage to attract people to do the job. Both are obvious signs that they care more about profits than they do their customers. We all get it. We're just tired of experiencing it so blatantly.

I guess this is the real "perk" of staying on site now. Not dying on your walk to the car :oops:

I wasn't even aware this had been cancelled...

Well, have you seen the recent reports of Disney transportation? Things like people not seeing a bus that goes to their resort for an hour. Not waiting an hour while seeing buses fill up and leave, but not even seeing one.
We haven't decided on-site or not yet. Even if onsite we'll drive to everywhere but MK.

Well, have you seen the recent reports of Disney transportation? Things like people not seeing a bus that goes to their resort for an hour. Not waiting an hour while seeing buses fill up and leave, but not even seeing one.
We haven't decided on-site or not yet. Even if onsite we'll drive to everywhere but MK.
I have seen all those and honestly I was already not-so-impressed with the bus service when I last visited in 2019! I will just uber it myself and I will probably only be going to Animal Kingdom. I don't have small children so MK really doesn't have enough to offer me for the price. AK is the only park I really look forward to since the ongoing decimation of Epcot. I'll miss riding ToT at HS but again, not enough to justify the cost.

When they do return you will probably have to buy a token at the toll plaza $5 per person per day for tram access (complementary with a DVC Blue Card and/or an incredi-pass)

this low price will also gain you access to use the express monorail or ferry if parking at TTC (or you can walk for free around bay lake paths)

the resort monorail, busses & skyliner will be complementary for guests going to/from the resort they are staying at (Magic band or Magic mobile will be scanned upon boarding)however if you are an off site guest or are going to another resort for an ADR or to look around you will be charged a price that is comparable to whatever the orlando area city busses are charging (I know pre covid where I’m from it was $3 for a day pass lasting 24 hours from time of purchase fwiw)

this is trolling I hope Bob and Josh don’t get ideas
I know you are joking but i do love me some BLUE CARD perks….lol

We will be there Oct 3-10. I havent told hubby (61) they are not running trams. If they still arent running then we will have to suck it up and pay for preferred parking.

How much is preferred parking? My daughter has additional needs and tires easily but not enough to receive a disability badge in the UK. Although I would hope the trams are back operational by the time we are allowed in the country.

How much is preferred parking? My daughter has additional needs and tires easily but not enough to receive a disability badge in the UK. Although I would hope the trams are back operational by the time we are allowed in the country.

It is $45 or $50 depending on the season (regular vs. peak- not sure how to find out which dates are what).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter