Parking fee at resorts

rdrjj5

DIS Veteran
We want to rent a car from the airport and return the next day at the car care center. Will the resorts only charge for the 1 night or will be charged for the week we are there? Thanks.

We want to rent a car from the airport and return the next day at the car care center. Will the resorts only charge for the 1 night or will be charged for the week we are there? Thanks.
You should only be charged for the one night but billing errors do occur. It's best to review you room folio at the front desk the night before check-out (or sooner). If they charged you for overnight parking for more than one night, it's easier to get it fixed before they bill your credit card rather than after.

I'm planning on doing that as well. I'll be stopping by check-in after I drop the car off and make sure they only charge me for one night.

(But I'll also double-check on the last day like Marionnette says to make sure they didn't charge for all six nights.)

You got great information above but the real key is that Disney has no way to know you returned your car after 1 night.

You need to actually stop by the front desk to "tell" them that you returned the car. Simply ask them to update your resort portfolio information.

And again as @Marionnette posted above double check your resort charges before you are billed. You can do it in MDE or by stopping by the desk.

Dave

Yeah, almost 99.99% they will not charge only 1 night.
You will have to inform them.
They will remove the charge/alter the bill/refund/whatever is needed to make it right but you will need to be involved to fix it.
Heck, my advice, never assume anything regards to parking fees at Disney
It's the one thing I glance for on my bill every trip.
I've had them charge me parking without any car and not charge me parking when I had a car
You'd think they'd have a good way to track vehicle usage since they started charging for parking but seeing how they also started eliminating parking slips about the same time they do not. Add to that many go direct to room and never interact with the front desk, there is simply no good way for them to track parking.
It's a mess really. Not sure why they've not come up with a better way to actually track it
At least at Lowes (Universal) they ask either during their online check in or at physical check in, will you be parking a vehicle. That relies on guest honesty but it's more reliable than just winging it or basing it on what the guard guesses by guest arrival.

I'm planning on doing that as well. I'll be stopping by check-in after I drop the car off and make sure they only charge me for one night.

(But I'll also double-check on the last day like Marionnette says to make sure they didn't charge for all six nights.)
Yes, always double check. I got charged one trip when I didn't have a car. I went to the front desk on our last night when I noticed and they reversed/refunded all of the charges. The next day I looked and they had charged me for that night after I had gone to the front desk. 🤦‍♀️

It is a standard charge at most resorts now. It will never go away.
Just one more way that resorts in general can pry more money from us.
The thing that burns me most, and I don't believe Disney does this, is the non-optional "resort fee" that places tack on.

This practice is pretty shady to me because if it is indeed not optional, then it should technically be built-in to the room-rate. They do this so they can advertise the room for less and then you get a nice surprise when you get there.

First it was to cover the repair / maintenance of the parking areas and related expenses and so it continues to go up every year...

Dave
Maybe they were anticipating the inflation we're seeing now.
Highway construction costs have gone through the roof and asphalt is a lot more expensive than it has been.

Can't get around the old minimum wage, Mortimer.

Let the desk know when you check in but also as others have mentioned, check your folio before you leave. It will be so much easier to correct while on property than trying to call after you've gone.

Maybe they were anticipating the inflation we're seeing now.
Highway construction costs have gone through the roof and asphalt is a lot more expensive than it has been.

Can't get around the old minimum wage, Mortimer.

Yes it costs about $100k per parking spot on our public projects in the Puget Sound. Even charging for the spots there is no way the owner can ever recoup enough to make money on the parking spots.

Just one more way that resorts in general can pry more money from us.
The thing that burns me most, and I don't believe Disney does this, is the non-optional "resort fee" that places tack on.

This practice is pretty shady to me because if it is indeed not optional, then it should technically be built-in to the room-rate. They do this so they can advertise the room for less and then you get a nice surprise when you get there.
Yes, Resort Fees bother me way more than parking fees.

Let the desk know when you check in but also as others have mentioned, check your folio before you leave. It will be so much easier to correct while on property than trying to call after you've gone.
The Billing email has always been super helpful, in my experience, if you need something fixed after you get home. I hate making phone calls, so I always try email first and they've always been able to sort it out.

GUEST.SERVICES.BILLING@DISNEYWORLD.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter