Parking charges

Can I add a question?
If I pay for parking at CBR and get “included” parking at theme parks wouldn’t that give me more incentive to drive to the parks instead of waiting for buses?

heck no...when I drive to WDW....we park the car for the entire stay...part of my "vacation" is to not have to drive all week

What's your hurry? Seriously...I so enjoy the extra time to sit and talk with my wife and kids.....and just relax.....no stress

Maybe it's because we have been so many times, but we never feel the need to rush to anything.
In the interest of being accurate..it's not as if you can't talk to your wife and kids..waiting for the parking tram, on the parking tram and in the car on the way back to the resort.

Now maybe driving yourself is stressful and I can understand that.

In the interest of being accurate..it's not as if you can't talk to your wife and kids..waiting for the parking tram, on the parking tram and in the car on the way back to the resort.

Now maybe driving yourself is stressful and I can understand that.

We are driving from central Canada so thinking the quality time in a vehicle will be taken care of! :rotfl2: We like the bus system too, just thinking it’s a good plan B for my sister and all her babies. Lol clearly driving is not stressful for us.
Thanks for you thoughts though.

We
What's your hurry? Seriously...I so enjoy the extra time to sit and talk with my wife and kids.....and just relax.....no stress

Maybe it's because we have been so many times, but we never feel the need to rush to anything.

We’ve visited many time too, however my sister is a bit anxious about the bus at Christmas. Especially when it’s full and she has to try and manage holding them on a packed bus. (Because not many people give up their seats to a mom with babies anymore) More options is nice.

We are driving from central Canada so thinking the quality time in a vehicle will be taken care of! :rotfl2: We like the bus system too, just thinking it’s a good plan B for my sister and all her babies. Lol clearly driving is not stressful for us.
Thanks for you thoughts though.
True and you're welcome!

But I was speaking towards the poster who quoted another poster. I was not actually speaking towards your situation specifically but rather a general statement.

Factually speaking you can speak to your traveling party just as easily if you took your own vehicle as if you rely solely on Disney transportation to get you back to your resort.

Driving around WDW was a little exhausting to me. It's amazing how huge the resort feels, and how complicated the roads are. Lucky there are large friendly signs directing guests, but even then it wasn't that fun.

On the positive side, it was possible to keep a change of clothes in the trunk for enjoying the water parks. And grabbing dinner at Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge was a lot easier than transferring between two busses. Plus, we saved the hassle of storing luggage during a split stay and on checkout day.

But the one thing that probably got me the most after the whole trip was the tram spiel. It's identical to the one we have at Disneyland, and to hear it every day, several times a day was an endurance test. That woman who gives the safety instructions in Spanish is just way too chipper and Disney-happy for me.

We have two small children aged 1 and 3. So have a big double buggy and a lot of stuff. This is why we thought taking the car would be easier than the buses. Will see how we feel when we get there regarding the buses. I was worried about the bags and having to fold down the buggy plus keeping hold of the 3 year old on a busy bus.

It was right at the end of March we booked hotel. I have now read if you reside in the Uk won’t need to pay for
Hotel parking. So will see what happens when we get there.

It’s not a matter of being in a hurry, but the faster we can get to RD, the better. The buses are infrequent early in the morning.

On the way back, I can talk to my husband much better in our own vehicle than I can on a bus standing shoulder to shoulder with sweaty strangers.

We enjoy the comfort of our own car, and find it relaxing.

Buses can be unreliable, usually when you are trying to make it to that ADR or FP. A couple of weeks ago at POFQ the bus for AK took over an hour to show after we got to the bus stop, (and I don't know when the previous bus had left). It would have been nice to jump in a car instead of watching the next bus time keep creeping up.

Drive time IS our extra time to sit and relax. We drive to Disney from North Carolina and that 9 hours together in the car is a favorite part of the vacation. When driving at Disney it is our time to chit chat and plan our day our. Wax poetic about how our day went . We can also talk without fear of the people crammed around us on the bus listening to our conversations or trying to talk over the loud bus, chanting teens, crying babies, s, drunk people, arguing families or someone puking.

I see lots of posts about the terrible bus service but rarely see any positive posts. At least on our last trip the first week of March we had a very positive experience using the bus service. Admittedly, we are not using them very often at rope drop or at Park closing. But three different times we were the only people on the bus.

One afternoon we were heading back to the AS Movies for a short break but during the bus ride decided we would head to Disney Springs instead. When we got off the bus the Disney Springs bus was just pulling up. He waited one or two minutes and took off with us as the only passengers. It made for interesting conversation with the driver on the way over.

And then one late afternoon we were leaving Hollywood Studios and were about four or five pickups points from the loading area when our bus pulled away. We stepped to the curb waved at the driver and were shocked but pleasantly surprised when he pulled over and opened the door and let us on.

Another day we had an early breakfast reservation at Trails End and decided to transfer at Hollywood Studios. We had walked to the Fort pickup area and had been standing for about 5 minutes. We were just starting to get worried we might be there while when a Disney van pulled up motioned us over asked where we were going. He said I'll be glad to take you there.

We've also experienced the long waits and full buses but every now and then it works much better than expected.

Drive time IS our extra time to sit and relax. We drive to Disney from North Carolina and that 9 hours together in the car is a favorite part of the vacation. When driving at Disney it is our time to chit chat and plan our day our. Wax poetic about how our day went . We can also talk without fear of the people crammed around us on the bus listening to our conversations or trying to talk over the loud bus, chanting teens, crying babies, s, drunk people, arguing families or someone puking.

Did u happen to be on a bus with me ? Lol the ONE and only time I took a bus to a park I ended up getting ill in the park and had to take a bus back .. I already get car sick on busses so it wasn’t pleasant! I know for me it’s not just being in a hurry .. those busses make me hurl ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter