Parking - Cast Members

BeastnBeauty

Earning My Ears
Hey all, hopefully someone will know and that it’s not too niche of a question.

I’m currently scheduled to join Disney Head Office in the U.K. as a new cast member some time in June/July.

I know that with our employer passes we can park at the theme parks for free but what about at the resorts? I’ve got 2 weeks booked at Port Orleans in August, I am just wondering whether I’ll still have to set aside some money for resort parking or if it’s complimentary.

Appreciate your help, no worries if no one knows I can double check internally once I’ve formally joined!

As a long time CM and now as a Disney retiree, I believe, don't know for sure, that you'll have to pay the resort parking fee. It may have been added but I haven't read anywhere that our perks include an exemption from the resort parking fees. I haven't stayed at a Disney resort since the parking fee was instituted.

Ah that’s a shame, I had booked the vacation before joining. We got a great price already but good to know for the future so appreciate it!

Ah that’s a shame, I had booked the vacation before joining. We got a great price already but good to know for the future so appreciate it!
I'm not, and never have been, a Disney CM, but I would suggest you ask about that at check-in.

My understanding is resort guests get free parking at the parks (which helps offset the cost of parking at the resort). So if you're already entitled to free parking at the parks due to your employment status, you're sort of losing that perk of staying at the resort. It doesn't hurt to ask.

It is free resort parking if you are staying on a cast discount and the CM is staying in the room.
Ah in that case I’d likely not get it as I didn’t book the room on a cast discount even though I’m staying in the room. Good to know for the future though!

So a Cast Friends and Family discount gets comp parking at the resorts?
No. Friends & Family without the CM would have to pay for parking.

But a Cast Member who books three rooms for the same resort and same dates gets the Cast rate applied to all three rooms as long as the CM themselves is in one of them. All three rooms in that scenario would get free parking.

No. Friends & Family without the CM would have to pay for parking.

But a Cast Member who books three rooms for the same resort and same dates gets the Cast rate applied to all three rooms as long as the CM themselves is in one of them. All three rooms in that scenario would get free parking.
Thank you! When I was a CM there was no parking charge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter