Parking at DL Hotels

bnlbebes

Mouseketeachers
In a couple of guide books that I just bought, they mention a $10-12 charge for self-parking at the GCH. I thought that there would only be a charge for valet parking. I also remember reading that self-parking was free at a lot across the street from GCH. Can somebody verify what is actually being charged for parking at the DL hotels, particularly GCH? :confused3 Thanks!

I'm not totally sure about a self parking charge. I thought it was free and valet was pretty pricey. However, perhaps they are talking about the 'resort fee' which includes daily newspaper, health club access and (I thought) self parking. I'm not sure of the 'resort fee' amount because we always stay on our DVC points and so for us the taxes and fees are included, but I thought the resort fee was around $13 per day. (and yes, it is a mandatory fee - you get charged whether you use those services or not)

I callet, Vallet parking is $12.00, you can bet your sweet bippee that I am going to walk it from the parking lot. Califgirl is right, the rsort fee , $10.00 inludes the healthclub ( I wont use) a morning newspaper ( I prbably will bring home and read it) and free parking. WDW vallet parking is $7.00 and I always use that, between the 7 bucks and a tip it comes out to $10.00 a day :thumbsup2

This was my understanding as well, that as guests of the DL resort hotels, the parking is already paid for.

We were going to use the shuttle for transportation to/from the airport, and stay at the park the whole time; we then changed our minds, will get a rental car (and parking for "free"), which will allow us to hit the Disney outlet store, the grocery store, and maybe a few further-afield restaurants.

Thanks for the responses, actually, like CAgirl, we are DVC members, so maybe that's where I got the idea that parking was free, because the resort fee is covered when we use our points to stay in CA.

Let me see if I understand this right is valet $12 a day or do you just pay $12 once? Thanks

We just got back from DLH, using DVC points and the resort fee is included as you mentioned. Not only do you get free parking, but free internet access as well. It was really nice on check-out day to get a bill with a big fat 0.00 across the bottom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter