• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at an Airport

JDY

DIS Veteran
Is it safe? Will I worry about leaving my car at our local airport (TYS) for 9 days? I thought about calling the airport and asking them about parking lot security but then I thought they might get the wrong idea...

Thanks!

I always leave mine at PIT and don't worry about it. One interesting thing - they take an inventory of the cars in the lots each night, recording the license #'s. So if you forget where you parked your car, you just give them the license # and they can tell you where it's parked! Must be some job - the 3 lots hold over 10,000 cars!

My mom has left her car at the Knoxville airport for weeks when we go to Europe and has never had any problems. There are NOT many other options in Knoxville, we have looked since it is fairly expensive.

jdy,

I fly out of Knoxville (TYS) and have never had a problem with leaving my car in the parking lot. Obviously, do not leave anything of value in the car that would encourage a break-in.

It is expensive for several days though so investigate the possibility of a friend dropping you off or taking a taxi. They are still paying for the recent renovations.

Peggy

Hey Barb -

That Pre-Flight Parking is great!!! Just got quoted $71 for 9 days at PVD...almost $20 lower than any other lot around there!!!!

Thanks again!!!! :Pinkbounc

Thanks for the replies!

It's $72.00 for 9 days or $70.00 plus tip for taxis ($35 each way). We are leaving early on a Saturday (6am) and returning late on a Sunday (11pm) so asking friends and relatives seems like a bad idea. I hate putting people on the spot.

So I guess we'll park at the Airport.

Thanks Again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter