Parking at a resort

Part of the issue when the parking question gets asked is we don't know if the OP is: 1) asking how much they can get away with, 2) looking for loopholes or 3) isn't familiar with Disney policy regarding parking. Valet is MORE expensive then other parking options, so someone isn't doing that to avoid paying for parking. I also recall older threads where some had figured out a loophole with mobile ordering where they could SAY that they were at the Contemporary to pick-up their mobile restaurant order (even if they didn't have one) when their real intent was to go to MK. I believe Disney closed that loophole as well.

Disney's enforcement isn't a one size fits all since MK is clearly nearby to the 3 monorail resorts while some other resorts aren't really near any park, so the reason to try to 'game' the parking fee is not a universal problem. Similarly at the other side of the property, some hotels are near Epcot/HS while others aren't.

If you ask at the gate, they are more likely to ok an "overstay" at resorts not near parks. While Disney's parking rules quoted above to not say NOT FOR PARKS, they list what IS valid. Not the 800 things that aren't. That list would get unwieldy fast.

Will they tow or fine you? Probably not. Can they? Perhaps, but some strong written warning before starting that practice would be prudent. When Disney finally gets tired of resort guests being angry about poor or no available parking for what they're paying for that resort because park goers are taking up a large number of parks, we'll all get to hear about "cheapek" doing it only for $. Even tho those guests paying resort prices fully deserve those spots and should be protected. Personally I think non resort guests should be charged for parking, period. Allow restaurants to validate parking with a time stamp. Exceed your time, no free parking. And charge more than park parking for it.

Is it morally shady? Yes. Is an actual Disney rule being broken? No. Will they track or tow your car? 100% no.

If you ask at the gate, they are more likely to ok an "overstay" at resorts not near parks. While Disney's parking rules quoted above to not say NOT FOR PARKS, they list what IS valid. Not the 800 things that aren't. That list would get unwieldy fast.

Will they tow or fine you? Probably not. Can they? Perhaps, but some strong written warning before starting that practice would be prudent. When Disney finally gets tired of resort guests being angry about poor or no available parking for what they're paying for that resort because park goers are taking up a large number of parks, we'll all get to hear about "cheapek" doing it only for $. Even tho those guests paying resort prices fully deserve those spots and should be protected. Personally I think non resort guests should be charged for parking, period. Allow restaurants to validate parking with a time stamp. Exceed your time, no free parking. And charge more than park parking for it.
Now you are talking logic. And we all know how illogical Disney is about everything

Part of the issue when the parking question gets asked is we don't know if the OP is: 1) asking how much they can get away with, 2) looking for loopholes or 3) isn't familiar with Disney policy regarding parking. Valet is MORE expensive then other parking options, so someone isn't doing that to avoid paying for parking. I also recall older threads where some had figured out a loophole with mobile ordering where they could SAY that they were at the Contemporary to pick-up their mobile restaurant order (even if they didn't have one) when their real intent was to go to MK. I believe Disney closed that loophole as well.

Disney's enforcement isn't a one size fits all since MK is clearly nearby to the 3 monorail resorts while some other resorts aren't really near any park, so the reason to try to 'game' the parking fee is not a universal problem. Similarly at the other side of the property, some hotels are near Epcot/HS while others aren't.
I think if you look at the OP first post they specifically say they are asking is this allowed and not looking to get into a discussion on what is right or wrong so it seems they are not asking how much they can get away with or looking for loopholes. It’s sad that when people ask a specific question here so many people must jump in with their “opinion of what’s right or wrong”. I don’t know if people need to try and prove they know more than anyone else or their opinion is better. I even see the OP mentioned they cringe every time they need to ask something because it turns into all this

I am not passing judgement on what the OP was asking. However, this question comes up so often that you really have no way to know the actual intent regardless of what they say.

I am not passing judgement on what the OP was asking. However, this question comes up so often that you really have no way to know the actual intent regardless of what they say.
Hi apologies didn’t mean my post to sound rude and as I re read it I see how it could be taken that way. I was just really trying to make a comment on how when someone asks a question that’s fairly simple and straightforward it turns into a discussion where inevitably some people must get their opinion in rather than just answer. But again apologies as I did not mean to come off as rude

No problem, I think most of us on here are just trying to be helpful when someone asks a question and try to provide various points of view.

Use valet parking to be safe.

We saw a man arguing with a tow truck driver at BWI once that he'd "only left my car there for a few minutes" to go into Epcot briefly.

While people will tell you they've never actually heard of this happening, it is very likely at any of the resorts near theme parks. That's particularly so during special events like the MK holiday parties.

You are absolutely allowed to do this - if you have a dining reservation, you can leave your car parked there as long as you like that day. The "3-hour rule" was a very old policy and hasn't been in effect since they did away with those paper signs guests would have to place on their dashboard (and that ended more than 10 years ago). Security doesn't track visitor cars and they don't pay any attention to which car is yours or how long it's parked. I've parked at a resort for dining and gone on to a park for the rest of the day many, many times and it's never been an issue. Of course, if I'm wrong and anyone has seen actual rules published by Disney that state that 3-hour limit, I'd love to see it, but I'm confident that this is just a defunct rule that somehow keeps getting revived. You're always entitled to park at a resort with a dining reservation, and there's no restriction on how long your car is there that day after Security allows you through.

Your plan to dine and park at GF prior to the party is a great one and I'd do exactly the same thing myself.

Not correct.

I think if you look at the OP first post they specifically say they are asking is this allowed and not looking to get into a discussion on what is right or wrong so it seems they are not asking how much they can get away with or looking for loopholes. It’s sad that when people ask a specific question here so many people must jump in with their “opinion of what’s right or wrong”. I don’t know if people need to try and prove they know more than anyone else or their opinion is better. I even see the OP mentioned they cringe every time they need to ask something because it turns into all this

This is hilarious. You have two accounts and forgot you were posting on the wrong one in the cruise review thread. Busted.

My personal opinion, as long as I have a dining reservation, I would valet it. I'd be paying for preferred parking if I were driving to one of the parks, so I'd be paying either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter