Park Vue vs. BWPPI

We’ve stayed at both the park Vue and best western. My wife liked the curtains at park Vue (the double layered style), compared to best western. She also said the bathroom area and lighting better.

I found the pool area to be better at park Vue.

On the other hand I felt the staff at BW was better and the breakfast was really good!

Anyone ever stayed in a King room at PV? I'm having a bit of trouble deciding where to stay based on the fact that we might need to bring or rent an ECV. PV has two floors, but no elevator. I called and asked if we had someone with a wheelchair or ECV if we could reserve a room on the 1st floor, and their reply was that they can't guarantee requests. Isn't that against ADA regulations or something? When I pushed and asked what would happen if they booked us on the second floor and we couldn't access it due to mobility issues and they said we could park our ECV outside and that we could take the key with us to "prevent it from being stolen". Which, honestly doesn't solve the issue because not all people can get out of their ECV/wheelchair and walk up stairs. I definitely don't want to leave anything outside and unattended overnight either. So, I'm wondering are the King rooms typically on the first floor? Is there space to park an ECV inside the room? We really wanted to stay at PV, but this has totally turned us off from them.

We likely aren't heading back to Disneyland until December 2023 but I've always got to be planning a trip!

So in the past we've stayed at the Desert Inn (parlor suite, 3 times.) On our recent trip, last month, we stayed at Park Vue for the first time. We were in a 1-queen bed/1 bunk room. Our experience was decent. We were at a room right at the front of the hotel, on the 2nd floor. Only cons were that AC didn't work very well and the carpet was super dirty.

We are thinking of staying there again next time. But are also considering BWPPI, which we've never stayed at.

How is the noise from the bottom/2nd floor over there? We usually stay on the top floor when we go places but my husband isn't sure he wants to truck our luggage up and down 2 flights of stairs.

Any other things we should know about BWPPI? I've read some reviews but they seem to be all over the place. People love it or hate it.

The reasons we are considering it over Park Vue would be because they have breakfast available. And we like that their 2-full/queen rooms have a little table in them, which our room at Park Vue didn't but we really could have used one.

But...not sure if the breakfast at BW would be a huge hassle if it's super crowded every morning or not. At Park Vue we eat in our room. We just buy things from Target ahead of time. But it would be nice to not have to do that.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

(Also slightly considering Candy Cane Inn but not sure if we want to fuss with a shuttle since we take a break every afternoon.)
We haven't stayed there since January 2017 but had stayed at BWPPI twice. I believe we stayed at Park Vue in 2012. I preferred BWPPI over all the off-property places we've stayed due to how close it is to the entrance. At the end of the night, it makes such a difference. The continental breakfast at Captain Kidd's was great as well. Both times we stayed there we were on the second floor towards the back of the property and it wasn't bad at all. We used the washer and dryer when there was flooding. I do remember the BWPPI carpet being dirty, but given that I had three kids in there myself, I could see exactly why that was! I'm pro BWPPI.

We haven't stayed there since January 2017 but had stayed at BWPPI twice. I believe we stayed at Park Vue in 2012. I preferred BWPPI over all the off-property places we've stayed due to how close it is to the entrance. At the end of the night, it makes such a difference. The continental breakfast at Captain Kidd's was great as well. Both times we stayed there we were on the second floor towards the back of the property and it wasn't bad at all. We used the washer and dryer when there was flooding. I do remember the BWPPI carpet being dirty, but given that I had three kids in there myself, I could see exactly why that was! I'm pro BWPPI.
It sounds decent, but I just can't stay there. In the last year they've had a few reviews referencing bed bugs. I just can't do it.

It sounds decent, but I just can't stay there. In the last year they've had a few reviews referencing bed bugs. I just can't do it.
Oh, I haven't seen that. We stayed there January 2017 and then we went to Disneyland Hotel in December 2017 and haven't stayed off property since. That's too bad because the location is hard to beat.

I loved the BWPPI . If I ever return I would consider the Grand Legacy just a short walk away because of the 5th Floor rooftop view /Bar for DL fireworks!
Has anybody stayed recently with recommendation?
3D12B26A-9861-4E1A-B595-34300BC06708.png

I just recently returned from a 3 night stay at BWPPI, booked at the last minute and got a accessible room because that was all they had available. We didn't require one and they couldn't give us a different room at check in. It didn't matter to us what kind of room we got and we didn't need a tub. The room cost about $100 less than the Paradise Pier Hotel per night. It also came with a $50 per night Disney card because we didn't need parking.
Our room was 101 on the first floor, the first one down from the office. It is directly across from the stairs to the breakfast room on the entrance road.
The noise from Harbor was LOUD! The shutters (no curtains) were not efficient at keeping out the light. I kept them closed at all times because of the constant traffic (foot and cars).
I was awakened at 1 am 2 nights. Once was people returning from the parks. The other night was a yelling argument between a girl and a guy (the guy sounded drunk). It went on for about 1/2 an hour but I couldn't pinpoint what room it was coming from.
The bed was ok. I sleep on a fairly firm Endy mattress at home. This mattress seemed old, soft and a bit lumpy. The bedding was thin and worn. I got used to it by the third night.
The towels in the bathroom had a weird smell but that might just be me. The shower had excellent water pressure.
AC was excellent. You could adjust it to the temperature you needed.
I got breakfast from the breakfast room one day.The breakfast (cheesy scrambled eggs) was hot and tasted great. I was able to bring it down to the room to eat. The breakfast room was crowded at 8:30 am.
I might be a bit spoiled because our previous stay was at Paradise Pier Hotel.
The main advantage to BWPPI was its closeness to the crosswalk and this is worth a lot especially at the end of a 20,000+ step day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter