• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Vue questions

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
We're staying in adjoining rooms at Park Vue in July. Does anyone have helpful tips about this hotel, like first vs. second floor, back of hotel vs. front to avoid noise, etc.

Has anyone who stayed there been able to check in early? If so, did they store your luggage securely?

How was the pool?

(I've read a few reviews that suggest always wearing socks because the carpet is weird, so I'll be sure to do that.)

Please make sure that your reservation is for CONNECTING rooms if you are meaning rooms with an interior door between them. In hotel-speak "adjoining" and "connecting" are not interchangeable. Adjoining means across the hall, around the corner, diagonally, or next to each other but WITHOUT a connecting door in between. (IOW - all connecting rooms adjoin each other, but not all adjoining rooms connect to each other.)

Please make sure that your reservation is for CONNECTING rooms if you are meaning rooms with an interior door between them. In hotel-speak "adjoining" and "connecting" are not interchangeable. Adjoining means across the hall, around the corner, diagonally, or next to each other but WITHOUT a connecting door in between. (IOW - all connecting rooms adjoin each other, but not all adjoining rooms connect to each other.)
Oh, I didn't even think of that. I'll call them and let them know I want connecting doors. Hopefully we get them. Most places won't guarantee it, but I'll cross my fingers. Thanks!

We preferred rooms near the back of the hotel because we felt like it was quieter, but we've stayed in many different locations there and I'm not sure it actually matters. We always slept with the fan on the AC unit running which helped with noise. If they're launching fireworks when you're in your room, the booms are very loud. You can see the fireworks from some of the balconies. We always liked being on the second floor, but unless something has changed recently there aren't any elevators which means hauling luggage up the stairs. The location is so great!

I like the back, it's just more quiet. And I also prefer the second floor for the same reason. No noise from upper stair guests. You can't beat the location to the DLR.

It’s my favorite non Disney hotel when I go to disneyland.
you should contact them if you want to check in early.

they can store your luggage, I don’t know all the rules for that.
i like the first floor, but do not really care too much either way.

never tried their pool, but it is weird, since it’s in middle of parking lot.

I would recommend asking for a room toward the back that's not right next to a stairway. Several years ago, we had a ground floor room by the stairway. Late at night and early in the mornings. we could hear people stomping up and down the stairs, talking, giggling kids, etc. It wasn't horrible, but slightly annoying enough that I wouldn't want a room in that location again.

Oh, I didn't even think of that. I'll call them and let them know I want connecting doors. Hopefully we get them. Most places won't guarantee it, but I'll cross my fingers. Thanks!

It's a common mis-naming and mis-requesting. Most people don't know that there is a difference - and sadly not all reservations agents will even ask to clarify and will just put whatever the caller requested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter