Park Vue or Desert Inn & Suites?

goingtotheworld

Earning My Ears
This will be our first trip to DL and I’m having a hard time picking a place to stay. My daughter is mobility challenged so close walking distance is important. I think we have narrowed it down to Park Vue or Desert Inn & Suites. Pricing is comparable and it looks like they are right next door to each other but it looks like Desert Inn is offering free continental breakfast. Which would you choose?

We've stayed at both 3 times each, although not for quite a while. If the prices are close then I would pick PVI over DI&S. Both are absolutely fine, I just find the PVI is *slightly* nicer. We are not big breakfast people so the included breakfast would not be a huge selling feature for us.

Having stayed at both multiple times, I'd also go with Park Vue if the costs are that close. It's a bit nicer and while on surface level the DI&S always appears clean enough, I always leave feeling while they clearly vacuumed (can see the marks), I don't think those carpets have been shampooed in a long, long time. (Though to be fair, I've read similar complaints about PVI. But I've never experienced the dirty socks thing there as I have at DI&S.) Also, I saw a cockroach in the bathroom my last stay at DI&S, so it's hard to separate that in my head now. I'm local enough, so would maybe stay there if I needed a last minute 1-night stay and could get the room at $109 or $129. (I have before.) But when I was booking a one night stay for family over Thanksgiving, it wasn't even a consideration. We've also recently stayed at both the BW Park Place Inn (that and PVI are closest to the crosswalk) and BW Anaheim Inn.

I personally wouldn't be swayed by the breakfast at DI&S as it's mainly toast, cereal and a pastry or muffin with some apples and oranges. I also prefer to eat in the park. But I realize it can add up or some like to eat beforehand, so know that can be a big consideration. I just don't think their breakfast is a big enough factor as it's not a hot one offering protein options.

Last edited:
We've stayed at both places and I would also choose Park Vue Inn, even without breakfast. Although I'm pretty sure they don't have elevators (for public use), so if stairs are a problem you might want to see if they can put you on the 1st floor.

Bring slippers. We stayed there in June and did like it but my son's socked turned black.

I'm looking at hotels for May. My husband and I will be traveling with our son, daughter-in-law, and grandson (2). There is a possibility that another son will join us as well.

We stayed at Park Vue in 2016 and really liked it, but because of the room configurations available at Desert Inn, we're considering that this time instead. It would be nice to keep us all together but still have separate spaces so that our grandson can go to bed earlier than the rest of us.

Is the Desert Inn close enough in quality to Park Vue that you would choose the Desert Inn based on room configuration or would you still go to Park Vue and deal with a less idea sleeping arrangement?

I actually prefer Desert Inn just because it's "kind of" a suite. The part you first walk into can be closed off from the part behind it to make a separate bedroom or living area (it's a room with pull-out couch, chair, and TV). We use it for our bags, getting ready, ironing (that's for Dapper Day!) etc.

Some things to note about that front room is that when you close the connecting door, it doesn't get much AC because it doesn't have its own vent and it can get hot in the summer if the door is closed.

On the plus side, you have an extra room and an extra TV.

I'm looking at hotels for May. My husband and I will be traveling with our son, daughter-in-law, and grandson (2). There is a possibility that another son will join us as well.

We stayed at Park Vue in 2016 and really liked it, but because of the room configurations available at Desert Inn, we're considering that this time instead. It would be nice to keep us all together but still have separate spaces so that our grandson can go to bed earlier than the rest of us.

Is the Desert Inn close enough in quality to Park Vue that you would choose the Desert Inn based on room configuration or would you still go to Park Vue and deal with a less idea sleeping arrangement?
If the price is comparable, you might want to also consider Best Western Park Place Inn.

I take Desert Inn every time. It's the cheapest for the size of room close to the parks!
I went this past summer and the only let down was the continental breakfast was not as good as it's been in the past (and it wasn't great in the past but good enough).

If the price is comparable, you might want to also consider Best Western Park Place Inn.
Thanks! We’d need two rooms at the Best Western in order to have a spot for the little guy to sleep earlier than the rest of us, so that make it a lot more expensive.

I actually prefer Desert Inn just because it's "kind of" a suite. The part you first walk into can be closed off from the part behind it to make a separate bedroom or living area (it's a room with pull-out couch, chair, and TV). We use it for our bags, getting ready, ironing (that's for Dapper Day!) etc.

Some things to note about that front room is that when you close the connecting door, it doesn't get much AC because it doesn't have its own vent and it can get hot in the summer if the door is closed.

On the plus side, you have an extra room and an extra TV.
That’s great info! Thanks!

I take Desert Inn every time. It's the cheapest for the size of room close to the parks!
I went this past summer and the only let down was the continental breakfast was not as good as it's been in the past (and it wasn't great in the past but good enough).
That makes me feel much better about it. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter