Park Vue Inn

Aurora0427

DIS Veteran
Please tell me all about the Park Vue Inn. We just cannot shell out the money Disney is asking to stay at the DL Hotel.

Are the rooms clean and quiet? We are thinking about choosing this hotel because it’s walking distance to DL and it’s affordable. We are used to hotels like the Polynesian at WDW, but after an 11 night stay there in 2017, we don’t have it in the budget to blow thousands on a hotel. We just want to take our girls to the parks for everyone’s first trip!

It's clean and quiet yes but it's nothing like the Polynesian. It has a free hot breakfast that is decent and parking is free. The main draw with it is it's proximity. It's closer to Disneyland's front gate than the Disneyland Hotel is. It's the kind if place that you stay at when proximity is your primary concern. A basic clean safe place to sleep and shower so you can go back to the park. I personally like it but my wife does not care for it that much. She says the bed was too firm for her. But she is super picky. I'd go again in a heartbeat. I love being able to go back to the room in the middle of the day without having to walk for 10 or 15 minutes.

We stayed there in the summer. The room was clean and recently decorated. The best thing about it was the proximity to the parks. If you're planning to spend most of your time at the parks then it's a good choice. The hotel itself isn't too exciting but the location makes up for it.

It's clean and quiet yes but it's nothing like the Polynesian. It has a free hot breakfast that is decent and parking is free. The main draw with it is it's proximity. It's closer to Disneyland's front gate than the Disneyland Hotel is. It's the kind if place that you stay at when proximity is your primary concern. A basic clean safe place to sleep and shower so you can go back to the park. I personally like it but my wife does not care for it that much. She says the bed was too firm for her. But she is super picky. I'd go again in a heartbeat. I love being able to go back to the room in the middle of the day without having to walk for 10 or 15 minutes.

We will have our 2.5 year old with us, so being that close is ideal in case she has a meltdown. We won’t be in Anaheim long, so the majority of our time will be spent at the parks. No resort time. Thank you for your thoughts!

We will have our 2.5 year old with us, so being that close is ideal in case she has a meltdown. We won’t be in Anaheim long, so the majority of our time will be spent at the parks. No resort time. Thank you for your thoughts!

Then the Park Vue is perfect for your family. Have a great time.

I've lost count of how many times we've stayed at PVI. It is our go-to hotel.
Rooms are modern, clean and the entire facility is well kept. I've never been bothered by any noise and we like the free breakfast the best of any of the local places.
You wont be sorry choosing this hotel!

I really liked this place when we stayed here last spring. One thing I will say in contrast to posters above- you can definitely hear foot traffic/noise outside the room. They have signs up encouraging people to walk and not run and to keep their voices down- but people aren't always the biggest fans of reading signs/being considerate. This is only really an issue if your family is quiet and/or if you plan to try to sleep when other people will be leaving or arriving.

That said, we would definitely stay here again, and felt like it was a great choice for location/amenities/etc.

It’s clean. It’s quiet. The free breakfast has a protein. If you are celebrating a birthday they leave a little goody bag. The walk to the park is awesome. We use to stay at the Hojos but this has become our go to place.

I've lost count of how many times we've stayed at PVI. It is our go-to hotel.
Rooms are modern, clean and the entire facility is well kept. I've never been bothered by any noise and we like the free breakfast the best of any of the local places.
You wont be sorry choosing this hotel!

Thread’s a few months old, but can anyone tell me the room numbers closest to Harbor Blvd? Looking to request one. Thank you!

I don't know about the room numbers there but they now charge a resort fee there and most other hotels in the area don't.

We stayed there once with all of our kids in the two room suite. Very basic, but it was actually pretty great. Super close to the parks. But there are a lot of hotels/motels that are just as fine and nearly as close. I've stayed in quite a few of those hotels.

I will say this, check the room for bugs. We went there before I had ever really worried about bedbugs and we did have a sheet with a blood stain on it. I didn't know what it was, and we did NOT bring home bedbugs. But knowing what I know now, I check all rooms for bugs. (this was like 10 years ago)

We’ve stayed there a few times. I agree with PP, it’s great for being close to park and for being a decent place to crash after a long day in the parks, I wouldn’t say it’s quiet, we can hear people in rooms next to us. Kids crying mostly but one time a loud snorer, felt like he was in the room with us. Staying on second floor helps with hearing people above you. The rooms closest to the front are the ones with the bunks. The 2 queen rooms start about half way back.

We’re there now. Bottom floor starts at room 105 in the front and goes up as it goes back. We’re in 109.

This is our first stay here. We usually stay at candy cane inn or the hojo but this was closer and less expensive, and I’ve been hearing good reviews of it for years.

Our room is clean, the beds are comfortable (that a a big one for us- we both have bad backs and need a good night sleep for full days at Disney). I can hear people clearly outside but we’ve had polite neighbors so no real noise issues. People are up early and the walkway above our room is by the breakfast buffet so lots of running little feet in the mornings.

Dd woke up with a couple random bites on her arm one morning but it must’ve been a spider or ant because we inspected the mattresses and found nothing.

The rooms a little small but it works. It’s nice when you leave the park to get across the street and be done.

We have stayed there once, probably won't again. The rooms were small for a party of adults/teens. The doors open outside and there is a lack of noise control. If you are used to the Polynesian, I would shop around hard and there are better options a small bit further away. Just my two cents.

The comments about the rooms being small at PVI are surprising to us. We've stayed there many times including last week and my DW and I discussed how nice and roomy their accomodations are. In fact it would be easy for a wheel chair to get around in the twin queen bed room we had. It's easily as big or bigger than the Disney rooms we've had.

FWIW, the hotel was in excellent condition and everything was very clean. Our room was very modern and the pool area is very lush and enjoyable.

Thread’s a few months old, but can anyone tell me the room numbers closest to Harbor Blvd? Looking to request one. Thank you!

We've stayed there a few times (family of 4). The rooms with 1 queen + 2 bunk beds are closer to Harbor. The 2 queen rooms are in the back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter