Park Vue Inn vs BWPPPI vs Candy Cane...???

AprilJ26

Mouseketeer
I’ve searched and read pretty much everything I can find about choosing a hotel. I was wanting to see if I can get input from people who have been recently to help me choose where to stay! We booked Park Vue for our stay in March, but I’m still not sure. Would you choose it over the other two?? Or is there another one we should consider? The thing that concerns me is the breakfast at PVI starts at 7:00, so if the parks open at 8:00, we won’t be able to get there very early. I prefer to let my boys eat breakfast in the hotel bc I really think it will save us $$$ in the long run, lol. Will it make a huge difference if we aren’t at the gate super early?
We just want a clean hotel/motel that’s close to the park and has a decent free breakfast!

So at PVI when I know that we are going to want to head to the parks before breakfast is open, I grab some options the day before and store in the fridge (I always pack some ziplock bags too). So I usually will bring fruit and a bagel and cream cheese or peanut butter. Since we are usually only running into this issue on our MM day I don't mind it so much. The other days we usually have no problem grabbing breakfast before heading to the park.

If I were choosing between those 3, I would go with least expensive. They're all similar in quality and all good options. I just make sure everyone is up and ready when breakfast starts, and I tell my kids to eat quickly or grab something to eat while we're in line, then we head out. They're usually excited, so they comply:)

So at PVI when I know that we are going to want to head to the parks before breakfast is open, I grab some options the day before and store in the fridge (I always pack some ziplock bags too). So I usually will bring fruit and a bagel and cream cheese or peanut butter. Since we are usually only running into this issue on our MM day I don't mind it so much. The other days we usually have no problem grabbing breakfast before heading to the park.
Thank you for the info! Do you like PVI?

If I were choosing between those 3, I would go with least expensive. They're all similar in quality and all good options. I just make sure everyone is up and ready when breakfast starts, and I tell my kids to eat quickly or grab something to eat while we're in line, then we head out. They're usually excited, so they comply:)
Ok thanks! Candy cane standard room is slightly cheaper than PVI. I just thought maybe not dealing with a shuttle would be a plus. But it might actually be better to use the shuttle???

Ok thanks! Candy cane standard room is slightly cheaper than PVI. I just thought maybe not dealing with a shuttle would be a plus. But it might actually be better to use the shuttle???
I think the first shuttle leaves a 1/2 hour before opening (someone with a better memory can correct me if I'm wrong). So, in the morning I would walk rather than use the shuttle. I didn't ask if you have anyone in the stroller, if you do I would stick with PVI or BWPPI, just for the convenience of not having to fold it on the shuttle.

Ok thanks! Candy cane standard room is slightly cheaper than PVI. I just thought maybe not dealing with a shuttle would be a plus. But it might actually be better to use the shuttle??

You can choose to not use it if you don't want to. The walk is very easy- probably 8 mins if you walk fairly fast. Add a couple minutes if you're a tad slower. If I leave the park or want to head out when the shuttle isn't there and I don't feel like waiting, I have done the walk and it's honestly nothing. Free breakfast, nice rooms, and great service. They also give a voucher after check out for a return at a discount. I'm DVC but Candy Cane Inn is my favorite good neighbor by far.

I like PVI. And if we are talking less than $30/night savings then I would choose being at PVI over CCI. CCI is walkable but you really can't get any closer than PVI and at the end of a long disney day that matters a LOT to me.
At PVI, the rooms with a bunk bed and a Queen are closest to the front of the hotel and there is a ton of novelty for my son to get to sleep in a bunk bed, but I don't know about the size or ages for your group.

I think the first shuttle leaves a 1/2 hour before opening (someone with a better memory can correct me if I'm wrong). So, in the morning I would walk rather than use the shuttle. I didn't ask if you have anyone in the stroller, if you do I would stick with PVI or BWPPI, just for the convenience of not having to fold it on the shuttle.
No strollers! My boys are 15 and 9! We don’t mind walking at all. But I was just thinking it would make mornings (and late nights) so much easier if we were fairly close.

I like PVI. And if we are talking less than $30/night savings then I would choose being at PVI over CCI. CCI is walkable but you really can't get any closer than PVI and at the end of a long disney day that matters a LOT to me.
At PVI, the rooms with a bunk bed and a Queen are closest to the front of the hotel and there is a ton of novelty for my son to get to sleep in a bunk bed, but I don't know about the size or ages for your group.
I booked the room with two queen beds. Wasn’t sure how big the bunk beds were..my boys are 15 and 9!

No strollers! My boys are 15 and 9! We don’t mind walking at all. But I was just thinking it would make mornings (and late nights) so much easier if we were fairly close.
CCI has lots of loyal fans, but if the price difference is nominal, pick something closer. Your feet will thank you at the end of the night!!

CCI is great! As stated by pp above, the walk is minimal and at the end of the long day, use the shuttle! It just is not that far. BWPPI is good, too.... right at the crosswalk! Stayed at both and either would be fine.

Go with Best Western. The Park Vue Inn recently started charging a resort fee so they pretty much suck now.
Even with the resort fee, PVI was a good bit cheaper than the BW when I checked. I was going to book the BW, but wasn’t sure it would be worth it for the extra $$.

We’ve stayed at all three. All three were perfectly nice. But of the three, I wouldn’t bother with CCI again (unless it was a smoking deal). It’s a much farther walk than the other two, and not as convenient as it might seem being on the same side of the street. In fact, we ended up using the shuttle a number of times to avoid the longer walk back at the end of the day.

BWPPI and PVI are both stellar in terms of location. The other we’ve done and liked was Tropicana, which also is super close to the crosswalk. Breakfast at PVI and BWPPI are fairly comparable. Rooms are pretty comparable (although we do like having the bunk bed option at PVI). Parking is free at PVI, and $10/nt at BWPPI.

On our trip next weekend we looked at both, and opted for PVI becauses it worked out to be about $100 less for our full stay than BWPPI. Many times we’ve gone and PVI was the more expensive of the two. So, I’d book either one, depending on which was cheaper.

I agree with Dani24 about CCI. The walk is far and the shuttle is slow. It was late picking up at the parks and one time didn’t show at all. The rooms are tiny compared to PVI and the breakfast isn’t as good. I’m not sure why people like it over PVI. We haven’t stayed at BWPPI, it’s always booked when we try but we love PVI, so convenient to be at the crosswalk, friendly staff, clean rooms, free parking, I would definitely choose it over CCI. Save yourself an extra half hour at the start and end of your day in walking or shuttle time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter