Park Vue Inn or Howard Johnson Anaheim?

anneshirley11

Earning My Ears
I love staying along Harbor Blvd! Which would you choose if both were available (they are on the weekend I'm going). I have kids 7, 4, 3 and Park Vue is arguably as close as you can possibly get. Does the extra 10 min to get to HoJo bother you?

No it doesn't. Your kids will love the pool at the Hojo. It's not a bad walk at all. Also Hojo doesn't have a resort fee like the Park Vue has now.

The walk back to HoJo isn't a big deal.... However, after being spoiled by staying at Park Vue and Tropicana, I can tell you that on my way back to farther hotels (namely Knights Inn, formerly Super 8 on Katella), my DD (8 at the time) and I looked at each hotel and wished we had stayed there, lol. But, HoJo isn't nearly as far away :) I mean, really, you can see HoJo from the crosswalk at the pedestrian entrance, so it's really not a bad walk at all.

We are at Hojo now. We’ve enjoyed it so far and haven’t felt the walk was long. For us I am okay with a little longer walk to have the water play area for our son and a recently renovated room since we booked a room in building 1.

With kids your age I would do Hojo if the weather is nice enough to enjoy the water play area. The walk isn't bad. That said, we just stayed at Park Vue and loved being right across the street. We were much more willing to take afternoon breaks from the parks when it was so close.

I’ll be contrary then and say stay close! We stayed at HoJo when are kids were younger and at the end of the day it felt like a really long walk.

Depends on your priorities. We have stayed at both, but now stay at Park Vue almost every time. Both have free parking, but for us, the closer walk and the free breakfast (and usually quite bit better price) gives Park Vue the edge for us.

I'll admit upfront I'm a big HoJo fan, but we did try PVI a couple years ago based on all the love it gets here, and we were a bit disappointed; it felt cramped and was a bit loud, and not great customer service The proximity didn't seem worth it to us. At the end of a long day, the difference of a few minutes is splitting hairs for us. It's always been easy to bounce back and froth from the HoJo as we need.

In particular, with three kids, the big rooms at HoJo would be a nice feature, plus the great pool area, as others have mentioned. Add free parking and no resort fee, and HoJo is definitely worth considering.

I've stayed at both. If you are going to spend a lot of time at the pools, and won't be walking back and forth for breaks, I'd go with HOJO most definitely. But, if there won't be much pool time and you want to be close for breaks, PVI's location is unbeatable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter