Park Vue Inn - Good Neighbor?

adventuregirl

Earning My Ears
Hi all - I am in the process of planning a trip the last week of October to Disneyland with my Mom, Aunt and daughter. I have been looking at all sorts of places to stay, with the major caveat that it be within walking distance (i.e. less than 1/2 mile to the gate).

Recent reviews of Park Vue Inn have been very good, but I noticed on their website that they are listed as a "Good Neighbor Hotel". However, they are not on the Disney site as a "Good Neighbor", nor can you book them through the Disney site. I was wondering if this is due to the recent dispute regarding property and light rail station that is under consideration in that location. We do not mind staying at a non-"Good Neighbor" hotel, but I thought it was interesting that there is a discrepancy between the hotel website and the Disney website.

I have a room reserved there (bunk bed room) and at Carousel (3 Queen concierge room). The difference is about $300 for 4 nights, so I'm thinking I will lose the concierge room for the cost.

:)

I believe they were a Good Neighbor hotel a few years back. Someone with more knowledge can clarify but we stayed there for 21 days over a couple of trips last year. It was fabulous!

When I was researching Disneyland hotels in 2012, Park Vue was not listed as a Good Neighbor hotel, so their status isn't all that recent. I can also find posts from 2011 questioning their status.

In my opinion that label should not be appearing on their web site, as it indicates a business/financial relationship with Disneyland, not whether it's in close proximity. From what I can tell it's been at least two to three years (if not longer) that they haven't been in that program.

The hotel I like, which is right next to Park Vue and therefore with very close walking distance, is Best Western Park Place Inn.

Edit: From this thread I've learned that hotels who sell Disneyland tickets are participating in the Disneyland Good Neighbor program. Those listed on the Disneyland web site are participating in the booking aspect of the program.

I have found that several of the places in the area have good neighbor on their sites but not listed on Disney's

When I was researching Disneyland hotels in 2012, Park Vue was not listed as a Good Neighbor hotel, so their status isn't all that recent. I can also find posts from 2011 questioning their status.

In my opinion that label should not be appearing on their web site, as it indicates a business/financial relationship with Disneyland, not whether it's in close proximity. From what I can tell it's been at least two to three years (if not longer) that they haven't been in that program.

The hotel I like, which is right next to Park Vue and therefore with very close walking distance, is Best Western Park Place Inn.

Just because Park Vue is not bookable through Walt Disney Travel, it doesn't mean they aren't a good neighbor hotel. It means they don't sell rooms at a discount to WDT to be resold. Many hotels in the DL that are not bookable through WDT are still good neighbor affiliated.

OP- I've been very happy with my stays at PVI, and would stay again in a heartbeat:).

Just because Park Vue is not bookable through Walt Disney Travel, it doesn't mean they aren't a good neighbor hotel. It means they don't sell rooms at a discount to WDT to be resold. Many hotels in the DL that are not bookable through WDT are still good neighbor affiliated.

OP- I've been very happy with my stays at PVI, and would stay again in a heartbeat:).

I did not know that!! Thanks!...We will be staying there in 20 days!!! I am really excited because it is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET

I did not know that!! Thanks!...We will be staying there in 20 days!!! I am really excited because it is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET

I am booked for a first stay here as well. The reviews are great and the location is excellent. Good neighbour or not, I am happy with my choice. :)

Here is the thing about "Good Neighbor" "status". To have it all you have to do is either 1. Sell your rooms at a discount to Walt DIsney Travel and be willing to accept them back at the last minute if they didn't sell or 2. Sell park tickets in your lobby. Do either of those, you are a Good Neighbor Hotel/Motel. It has NOTHING to do with being "approved" by Disney. If you are looking for ratings, use AAA or Tripadvisor.com. "Good neighbor" status means NOTHING.

Here is the thing about "Good Neighbor" "status". To have it all you have to do is either 1. Sell your rooms at a discount to Walt DIsney Travel and be willing to accept them back at the last minute if they didn't sell or 2. Sell park tickets in your lobby. Do either of those, you are a Good Neighbor Hotel/Motel. It has NOTHING to do with being "approved" by Disney. If you are looking for ratings, use AAA or Tripadvisor.com. "Good neighbor" status means NOTHING.

Thank you for the clarification. I did not know the relationship needed to attain "Good Neighbor" status, but thought that as a good neighbor hotel you would be listed on the Disney website. As an obsessive planner, I keep reviewing other hotels and checking deals, but we will likely stay with the Park Vue.

In any event, we are looking forward to our trip and we will be there during Halloween Time :yay:

We just stayed here last weekend. It was he best hotel we've stayed at. (Including the Disneyland Hotel). We'll be back. I hope that helps with your choice! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter