• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Vue Inn Experience?

HundredAcreWoodResident

Earning My Ears
Hello Disney Fans!

I was looking into making some reservations at the Park Vue Inn. I've read about some positive experiences, but I was wondering about the bunk beds. We have two teenagers who want their own beds. I was thinking that the two queen/bunk bed room might give us some more storage space to store items on the unused bed, but my fourteen year old son is already 5' 7". I don't want to get that room if he will be uncomfortable in the bed. The three queen room is only about $25 more a night, which is fine, if it is more spacious. I just don't want to pay more and have the same square footage; hotel rooms are tight enough!

If anyone has had any experience with the bunk beds or three queen room, can you please share your insights? My frame of reference for rooms on the Harbor includes the Tropicana, Fairfield and the Ramada Maingate (I think it has a different name now, though.); if you have been to those and Park Vue and have a preference, I'd love to hear it! My favorite room was at the Annabella, which is off the table because of the dates. Also, the one time we did the Disneyland Hotel, I thought the room was way too small given the size of my sticker shock!

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Hello Disney Fans!

I was looking into making some reservations at the Park Vue Inn. I've read about some positive experiences, but I was wondering about the bunk beds. We have two teenagers who want their own beds. I was thinking that the two queen/bunk bed room might give us some more storage space to store items on the unused bed, but my fourteen year old son is already 5' 7". I don't want to get that room if he will be uncomfortable in the bed. The three queen room is only about $25 more a night, which is fine, if it is more spacious. I just don't want to pay more and have the same square footage; hotel rooms are tight enough!

If anyone has had any experience with the bunk beds or three queen room, can you please share your insights? My frame of reference for rooms on the Harbor includes the Tropicana, Fairfield and the Ramada Maingate (I think it has a different name now, though.); if you have been to those and Park Vue and have a preference, I'd love to hear it! My favorite room was at the Annabella, which is off the table because of the dates. Also, the one time we did the Disneyland Hotel, I thought the room was way too small given the size of my sticker shock!

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

The room with the bunk beds is the same square footage as the two queen room, you just give up floor space. Total square footage is around 300 ft. I had called to inquire about the other rooms that you mentioned. I believe the three queen room was around 400 ft and the largest room was the mini suite with the sofa bed at around 450 feet. (Though certainly call to verify if that's important to you) Although I have not stayed in the bunk bed rooms there, many hotels where we have stayed with bunk beds the beds are quite small, less than twin size. I would never expect a teenager that tall to be able to sleep in one. It sounds to me like the three queen room would overall fit your needs the best. You and your husband could have more privacy that way as well (the single bed room has a closing door) as opposed to the bunk bed room where you still all share the same space.

I've stayed in the 2Q/bunk at PVI. The bunks are twin size, not the smaller child sized ones. Because the room is the same size as a regular 2Q, there is not a lot of room for storage. When my kids were younger, it was hard to find a place to put the stroller. Comparing the size of the room to Tropicana, PVI rooms are most definitely larger though. Overall, I really do like PVI. The breakfast has a lot of options, the service is great, pool is nice and parking is easy.

Our last visit we had the bunk beds. My 14 year old son is 5'8" and he fit the beds fine. I was a bit worried, but as stated before, they are twin size. I was actually surprised at how big they were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter