Park Vue Inn breakfast?

Sjwillia

Mouseketeer
I am looking at Park Vue vs. Candy Cane Inn. It looks like Park Vue offers hot foods and Candy Cane does not. Anyone tried it? Do they open in time to eat before an early 7:00 park opening?

I haven’t stayed there yet, but we have it booked for our upcoming trip. Their website says breakfast begins at 7:00. I wish it was earlier!

I’ve been there a few times. It’s decent.

There’s usually scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, cereal, bagels or other breads, make your own waffle machine, hard boiled eggs, and usual drinks.

I haven’t stayed there yet, but we have it booked for our upcoming trip. Their website says breakfast begins at 7:00. I wish it was earlier!

I wish it was earlier too. A simpler cold breakfast might be easier and faster when trying to herd teenagers out early for rope drop. Let us know how it works for you.

I’ve stayed there several times and there are lots of hot and cold options. Eggs, bacon or sausage, make your own waffles, boiled eggs, fruit, cereal, toast, several juices is what I remember. Also every other day they have biscuits and gravy. Much better than Candy Cane which I remember as just donuts and cold cereal

CCI doesn't offer the hot items, although I think I remember boiled eggs?, but the breakfast is generous. The premium rooms have breakfast delivered to your room -- on time per time requested and made exactly as requested (e.g. bagels toasted exactly the way I asked). The CCI breakfast has always kept us going until lunch in the parks. We've always had a small microwave and refrigerator in our room at CCI, so we just bring extras, e.g. breakfast burritos or breakfast sandwiches, to supplement everything else.

I am looking at Park Vue vs. Candy Cane Inn. It looks like Park Vue offers hot foods and Candy Cane does not. Anyone tried it? Do they open in time to eat before an early 7:00 park opening?
There are multiple reports that in the last month or so they have discontinued their hot item breakfast. I would send them an email asking them if they are still serving a hot breakfast. I find email to be the best with hotels as there can't be any he said/she said.

There are multiple reports that in the last month or so they have discontinued their hot item breakfast. I would send them an email asking them if they are still serving a hot breakfast. I find email to be the best with hotels as there can't be any he said/she said.

Very true. This was their reply to my email today: “our new breakfast consist of waffles, hard boiled eggs, toast, muffins hot and cold cereals juices, milk, coffee we no longer serve scrambled eggs, bacon nor the biscuits with gravy.”

The new breakfast blows. We were there two weekends ago.... we’ll still stay at the PVI until the new Westin resort opens late next summer, but will no longer waste time with the breakfast. We’ll just bring easy to eat breakfast items from home. Very disappointing.

The thing about PVI is -- it's right at the crosswalk. I'd pick that over Candy Cane just for that reason, though Candy Cane is not real far, and they have a dedicated shuttle. Still, PVI is literally 5 minutes from the turnstiles. As for breakfast, I've never been that impressed with hotel buffets of this caliber, anyway. As a previous poster said, you'll have a microwave and a little fridge. I've always been a big fan of having groceries delivered (or grabbing an Uber to pick them up) and making our own quick breakfast to eat in the room while we're getting ready, or taking with us to eat in line while waiting for the parks to open. Fruit, yogurt, muffins, breakfast burritos, cereal-- it's easy, it's available as early as you want, and in my opinion, better than the powdered eggs you'd get at a buffet. Also: we often get in line early at the gates, then I mobile order Starbucks from the Downtown Disney store, and DH goes to get it.

PVI is our favorite along Harbor. Breakfast is good (we like the fresh fruit and fresh waffles and never ate the heavy fatty junk anyway) and you cannot get closer to the turnstyles of DL.
Oh and from the breakfast area you can see into Disneyland and watch the waterfall of the Matterhorn.

The new breakfast blows. We were there two weekends ago.... we’ll still stay at the PVI until the new Westin resort opens late next summer, but will no longer waste time with the breakfast. We’ll just bring easy to eat breakfast items from home. Very disappointing.

Where is the new Westin going to be located?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter