• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Touring Plans?

WDW Princess 71

DIS Veteran
What does everyone do as far as theme park touring plans for DLP? At WDW I use RideMax planning software which is amazing, I love how it creates a customized tour for each day in each park. I like having an itinerary. However, I do not believe there is any software like this for DLP? I have the Unofficial Guide to DLP book which has some touring plans in it- has anyone used those? I am going to DLP in the peak season (a weekend in late July) so I know it will be crowded and want to have some kind of plan. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, no we don't have any software like that for DLP. We have never used any sort of touring plan and have always managed to do everything we wanted.

Are you staying onsite? If so make use of EMH to get done Dumbo, Peter Pan, Orbitron and Buzz as they will have long queues later on.

Even if you are not staying onsite make sure you arrive before opening because they will let you into the park to queue for rope drop.

In the main park the busiest attractions without fastpass are the princess pavilion and autopia. If you have EMH you will be able to start queueing for these before the park opens which puts you ahead of offsite guests but you will still have to queue a fair while.

In the studios the busiest are Crushes Coaster and the rides in toy story playland. The studio gates normally opens about 9.30 and they will often start running some of the rides early so make these rides your priority as queues will get very long. Another tactic some people use for these is to join the queue just before park closing and they find the queue much shorter than advertised. :goodvibes

Hope this helps.

The touring plans in the back of the Unofficial Guide will help you as a basis. Obviously you are well versed in touring plans anyway and you known what rides are popular in the US...it's very similar in DLP.
In the Disneyland Park Big Thunder Mountain is by far the most popular attraction so make sure to see that early or grab a Fastpass for it as soon as possible.
Great tip about queueing late in the evening though...Disney is well known to inflate queue times before park closing to discourage peoole from joining the queue.

I don't have any plans either.

But, if you only have a day or so in high season, I'd suggest trying to do the park anti-clockwise if that makes sense?

Start with Frontierland, Adventureland, Fantasyland and then Discovery land.

There is a good interactive map here

If you can resist the urge to wander down Main St, you can use Liberty Arcade, which runs behind the shops in Main St, to the left, which will give you quick access to Frontierland.

Happy planning :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter