Park ticket credit

PrincessDJC

Earning My Ears
So if you purchase park tickets and then someone in the group can’t go can you cancel just that person’s ticket? And if so I know the money stays on your account but can it only be used for future tickets? And if I buy them are they in my account or are they tied to the original person. I made 3 room reservations online under my Disney experience account but have my son and his wife’s name on one reservation. So if I purchase their tickets and link them to that room reservation what happens if they can’t go? Asking because he’s starting a new job. If I have to cancel his room and ticket what are the options for the ticket money? Can I use it to pay for other stuff or just tickets in the future and do they have to be for them? Not planning another big family trip.

I would recommend booking a vacation package instead of room and tickets separately.
The vacation package allows you to cancel the room and tickets.
Where as if you book separately once you buy that ticket and link it to someone its non refundable and non transferrable.

I would recommend booking a vacation package instead of room and tickets separately.
The vacation package allows you to cancel the room and tickets.
Where as if you book separately once you buy that ticket and link it to someone its non refundable and non transferrable.
Rooms are already booked. So just adding tickets at some point soon

Rooms are already booked. So just adding tickets at some point soon

If it were me I'd modify my room only into a vacation package.
Or I'd hold off on purchasing his tickets until you are sure he is going. (I realize that's not ideal but better than being out the money)

If the tickets go wholly unused, you can use their value toward the purchase of future tickets. As long as they were never used by your son or his wife, you can transfer those tickets to someone else. You cannot use ticket value toward the purchase of anything but tickets.

So if you purchase park tickets and then someone in the group can’t go can you cancel just that person’s ticket? And if so I know the money stays on your account but can it only be used for future tickets? And if I buy them are they in my account or are they tied to the original person. I made 3 room reservations online under my Disney experience account but have my son and his wife’s name on one reservation. So if I purchase their tickets and link them to that room reservation what happens if they can’t go?
You don't actually "cancel" the ticket, it will simply expire unused. A fully-unused ticket retains it's original value as a credit towards a future ticket -- but no it cannot be used for anything else. The ticket will most likely disappear from view so I suggest making note of the ticket number and value. WDW will be able to access it later even if it has disappeared from your view.

As to "who" -- that depends. Who owns or manages the profile of the person to whom the ticket is assigned? If it's on your MDE and you manage that person, you will have access to the credit. If your son has his own MDE (or his wife and manages his profile), request that he transfer the ticket back to you. Otherwise I believe he technically "owns" the credit once the ticket expires.

You don't actually "cancel" the ticket, it will simply expire unused. A fully-unused ticket retains it's original value as a credit towards a future ticket -- but no it cannot be used for anything else. The ticket will most likely disappear from view so I suggest making note of the ticket number and value. WDW will be able to access it later even if it has disappeared from your view.

I have two tickets from a covid-canceled trip in Jan 2021 in my MDE account. One was for me, one for DH. I have the ticket numbers and all that. Can I combine and use the monetary credits towards ONE ticket in the future for anyone in my MDE account (OK, me) or does my ticket credit go to me and DH's to him? I'd call Disney... I did once, gave up after over an hour on hold...

Can I combine and use the monetary credits towards ONE ticket in the future for anyone in my MDE account (OK, me) or does my ticket credit go to me and DH's to him?
You can ask. Typically a ticket credit is 1-for-1 meaning 1 credit towards 1 ticket. But sometimes they’ll make an exception.

Thank you to the OP for starting this thread as it's a timely topic for me right now too.

How long does the value of the non-used ticket last - for a year from date of purchase or original first (planned) usage - or - other?

Thanks!

Thank you to the OP for starting this thread as it's a timely topic for me right now too.

How long does the value of the non-used ticket last - for a year from date of purchase or original first (planned) usage - or - other?

Thanks!

Non-used tickets retain their value forever.

So if you purchase park tickets and then someone in the group can’t go can you cancel just that person’s ticket? And if so I know the money stays on your account but can it only be used for future tickets? And if I buy them are they in my account or are they tied to the original person. I made 3 room reservations online under my Disney experience account but have my son and his wife’s name on one reservation. So if I purchase their tickets and link them to that room reservation what happens if they can’t go? Asking because he’s starting a new job. If I have to cancel his room and ticket what are the options for the ticket money? Can I use it to pay for other stuff or just tickets in the future and do they have to be for them? Not planning another big family trip.
If you buy a WDW package that includes park tickets, then you could remove him from the package up until 45 days out. You can do it after that, but then there is usually a fee to change a package. WDW might be a little flexible right now though.

If you bought WDW tickets through WDW, then they won't refund the $, and it would be listed (for now) as a ticket. After that, you would retain the value, but when you go to use them, you have to pay the difference between your tickets, and the price of the dates you want to go. It is possible you'd be able to re-assign them - so long as never used. Though I think if they were bought as part of a WDW package, then you probably can't change the name.

BUT what it really sounds like you want to do is cancel his whole WDW package. I fyou booked a room+tickets for him, he has a WDW package. Your room+tix is one package and his room+tix are another 'package.' if you are cancelling his room+tix package, then you can usually cancel just fine up until 45 days. Within 45 days, there is a fee, and the fee goes up as the dates get very close. It should be in the fine print of the confirmation email WDW sent you, though WDW might offer some flexibility, especially if you can postpone his trip instead of outright cancelling his portion. (=push his room+tickets package to a later date). You can probably also look online via MDE to see what would happen if you cancel.

Thanks!

The value should last, but I have now TWICE had to have arguments with CM's when I had an expired ticket, and they tried to tell me I was out of luck. MAKE SURE you have some written PROOF that the ticket exists. I would not assume it will stay visible in MDE. Make a printout of it.

To clarify, the value should last, but when you go to redeem it, you will have to pay the difference between what you paid for it, and the current price.

Oh- also, if you are in this situation, I don't think you can use that ticket to make a park reservation until you get it updated. I don't know if WDW will do that online/over the phone.

Also, make sure to have proof of what you paid for the ticket, in addition to having written proof that the ticket exists (as mickeyluv'r mentioned).

I have been in this situation, since we had tickets dated for March 2020 during the Covid closure. Although the expiration date was extended to Sept 2021, we weren't able to use them within that time.

I called Disney before the tickets expired, and the CM was able to change them to new tickets with future dates, using the value I had originally paid. Now with my new tickets, I am able to make all kinds of changes online through MDE (adding a date, adding PH, etc.) without needing to call.

To be totally safe, if I needed to cancel again, I would change the dates on those tickets to future dates and continually do that, so they would effectively never expire.

I have been in this situation, since we had tickets dated for March 2020 during the Covid closure. Although the expiration date was extended to Sept 2021, we weren't able to use them within that time.

I called Disney before the tickets expired, and the CM was able to change them to new tickets with future dates, using the value I had originally paid. Now with my new tickets, I am able to make all kinds of changes online through MDE (adding a date, adding PH, etc.) without needing to call.

To be totally safe, if I needed to cancel again, I would change the dates on those tickets to future dates and continually do that, so they would effectively never expire.

Same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter