Park shoe of choice?

Generally my running shoes. I've also learned its easier on my feet to alternate shoes so I'm not wearing the same shoe two days in a row.

I wear Nike Free Runs (super comfy) for the majority of the day but then change to Reef flip-flops when my feet start to hurt.

Generally my running shoes. I've also learned its easier on my feet to alternate shoes so I'm not wearing the same shoe two days in a row.
I agree on the alternating. Need a new pair and I'm trying to figure out what to get. I've already got the horrid looking Keens sandal, which are very comfortable. But my running shoe leaves something to be desired.

This, at the moment they're Skechers with an extra wide toe box as when I blister it's usually because my toes are squeezed together.

Bill From PA

I bring comfy cross trainer adidas sneakers. I make sure I have at least two pairs with me so I can alternate and not be wearing the same pair day after day.

Generally I'll bring two pair of running/trail shoes and alternate. Tried Teva Dozer sandals once...very comfortable, but had a nasty blister at the end of the day.

I will be taking my Oofos too (they're running recovery sandals and AWESOME). But, we're going at the end of January, so might not be warm enough to wear.

Crocs and Sketchers Go Walk.

The Go Walks are nice and light but don't do well if wet.. so the Crocs are a must on rainy days or expected water rides...

Bernie Mevs. Typically the comfy or cuddly styles, but I have worn others. Since I switched to them for Disney years ago, my feet don't even hurt at the end of the day and we are open to close people.

Also, I use Body Glide all over my feet to prevent blisters (I am very blister prone) and since I started using that (which was pre-Bernie Mev), I have never had a blister at Disney.

As others have said, I always alternate between two/three different shoes.

1. My top choice is the Ecco three-strap sandals (usually in black), which I alternate with running sneakers (that I buy at a running store). I've tried other brands that also worked well. The key things: a well-crafted footbed, adjustable straps (for when your feet swell), 'slip-on (more or less), water-resistance, and something that could be worn to dinner. My sandals aren't dressy, but are passable at most WDW dining locations.(better than sneakers!)

2. The running store I use is one that assesses the way customers walk before they make any suggestions. The place is super! They don't upsell, they give you the correct shoes for the way you walk/run. Insoles are also an option to improve the footbed of your running shoes.

3. RAIN! I also generally bring a third pair of shoes as well, because WDW is often VERY WET! The Ecco sandals tolerate mild rain, but they aren't meant for the kind of HEAVY DOWNPOURS WDW sometimes gets. But.. extra shoes take up too much luggage space...if I bring a third pair on longer trips, then they are often compact flip flops. Flip flops are good to wear to the pool, can double as slippers, and could be worn to the water parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter