Park Security/Stroller Question

dkdaisy

Disney4Life!
TL;DR - If you have a stroller with no bags in/on it, can you take it through the no bag line (assuming there is one available) or do you have to take it through the bag line?

Longer version - We are WDW vets and we always took everything but the kid off the stroller and my husband would take it through the no bag line while I took the bag through the bag check line, but the last time we went (last November), they consistently made us take our stroller through the bag line so they could check underneath.

So now I'm left wondering if strollers are treated like bags at DLR or not? (Again, assuming we've emptied them of everything but the kid - we typically take one small backpack for our family and don't load up the stroller with anything but the kid).

Thanks!

don't know first hand, but I would guess no. to the first question, not the second

Nope, because they will still take a look at it, sometimes move the canopy, and check in the child’s seat

We also don’t have no-bag lines at every (if any) security stations. I know the parking garage does not, and I don’t remember seeing one at the Harbor entrance last month when we went in that way.

Thanks everyone! So we'll just plan that I'll take the stroller and bag and husband and other kid will go through the no-bag line. Saves me some decision-making when we arrive, trying to figure out what we should do!

Thanks everyone! So we'll just plan that I'll take the stroller and bag and husband and other kid will go through the no-bag line. Saves me some decision-making when we arrive, trying to figure out what we should do!
No reason to separate, if you don’t have a bag they will just walk right through. But I wouldn’t plan on having a no-bag line, I rarely see them.

The Harbor side has had a no-bag line almost 100% consistently for 2018. They were closing it some afternoons for awhile, but it has looked like a permanent fixture for the last couple of months.

And actually, it would be easier for you to have your husband deal with the bag, while you deal with the stroller. It’s a hassle when I go alone; and I usually give the stroller to one of my big kids so I can deal with the bag. I feel bad holding up the line while i get all zipped up because I need my hands to push the stroller

The Harbor side has had a no-bag line almost 100% consistently for 2018. They were closing it some afternoons for awhile, but it has looked like a permanent fixture for the last couple of months.

We were there April 29th and 30th, in and out several times, and I never saw one once.

I think if they need to check you or something you are carrying then you should not be in the no bag line.

We were there April 29th and 30th, in and out several times, and I never saw one once.
Ok. It's been a point of discussion around here, so the OP isn't crazy for thinking there'd be a no-bag option on Harbor, although it's also not 100% sure thing.

I've been there six times so far in May, and I've seen it each time, but I was not there April 29 or April 30 and cannot speak to those dates. It's been consistent for a couple of months based on my own observations and chats with CMs.

I have also not heard of or seen a no-bag line at the other security points.

Strollers are not allowed in the no-bag line.

And I’ve never heard of it at Wdw either.

OP I think you’ve beem tremendously lucky to have gone through the no bag line with the stroller in Orlando.

They wouldn’t even let my ex through with a tiny zipped cellphone case hanging on a caribiner from his belt loops.

Anything that needs to be checked should go through the bag lines.

And it really makes no sense to split. You either wait in a line (and can go to individual CMs to twice total time) together or one waits while the other waits while inside. What’s the point?

Have one of you man the stroller while the other mans the bags. Simple.

And it really makes no sense to split. You either wait in a line (and can go to individual CMs to twice total time) together or one waits while the other waits while inside. What’s the point?
People split up so the bagless person (or people) can go and get in a park entrance line. Then the family member with the bags, strollers, etc. joins them there.

People split up so the bagless person (or people) can go and get in a park entrance line. Then the family member with the bags, strollers, etc. joins them there.

Yup. Though, my husband won't get in an entrance line without me, he will scope them out and then we don't have to all stop and decide which line to join, he's already decided and we just go.

It also, at least in my experience at WDW, makes the bag check lines a little smoother when the people without bags aren't in it.

Yup. Though, my husband won't get in an entrance line without me, he will scope them out and then we don't have to all stop and decide which line to join, he's already decided and we just go.

It also, at least in my experience at WDW, makes the bag check lines a little smoother when the people without bags aren't in it.
Depending on when you arrive you might have to wait 15+ min in security. Some people have even reported longer than 30 mins. Just an FYI. Try to be at the park 30 minutes or more before opening if possible. The security lines are at there worst beginning just before regular park opening.

I have seen umbrella style strollers that can't have anything underneath them allowed through the no bag line, but if there is a shelf underneath they weren't allowing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter