• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Reservation Calendar Likely Here to Stay

Not at all surprising to me. And from the guest perspective, it means that if, for instance, I have a park reservation for MK on Christmas Day, I know I'll get in no matter what time I arrive or where I'm staying or what ADRs I have. Much better than wondering whether they'll invoke one of the closure stages before I get there that will keep me out.

Not at all surprising to me. And from the guest perspective, it means that if, for instance, I have a park reservation for MK on Christmas Day, I know I'll get in no matter what time I arrive or where I'm staying or what ADRs I have. Much better than wondering whether they'll invoke one of the closure stages before I get there that will keep me out.

I think if they got rid of the 2pm hopping BS, park reservation requirements wouldn’t seem as bad.

Maybe they could allow park hopping before 2 for resort guests since there's no mousekeeping....

Maybe they could allow park hopping before 2 for resort guests since there's no mousekeeping....
But since the changed the tagline from "The Happiest Place on Earth" to "It's all about the Money." they won't be doing that ;) I have actually be shocked they don't do this more often, but then they did it at WDW and only gave Deluxe guests the benefit and told those low life guests at Moderates and Value to pound sand.

I've always been under the impression it's here to stay, at least that's what was said when it started. I'll never like the reservation system even a tiny bit. Not under any circumstances. Not even for super crowded days like NYE or Christmas Day seeing how we've never been prevented from entering any park on those days. No one can say with any certainty but it's thought that since the addition of the square footage of New Fantasy Land, MK will no longer reach total closure. It has not since that opened. Only closure they've reached is for single day, walk up ticket buyers. A very small percentage. So that's really not a significant reason to keep park reservations, not at WDW at least.
As long as the reservation system is kept, our trips will be reduced and eventually, completed cut out if it annoys me enough. I hate it that much. I'm trying to learn to live with it but one thing that they must do is tweak it. It's got some serious flaws.
There's no reason that all guests on a single resort reservation can't make park reservations at the same time. Or at least from the same pool of reservations.
We have encountered issues with our mixture of AP and ticket holders, all in the same room, being unable to make park reservations for the same park. That should NEVER happen.
The need to do something so that all guests with a single resort confirmation number can make park reservations at the same time no matter what type of ticket media you have.

Something else that is a serious issue is the inability to buy any length of ticket if a single day in the range is sold out. I understand the theory behind it but when someone is planning a resort stay with 10 days but only buying a 7 day ticket it shouldn't matter if 1 of those 10 days is sold out of reservations. Obviously they are not planning on going to the parks all 10 days, they are only buying 7 days. I don't know how they can implement it exactly, maybe it takes an override by ticketing on the phone or something. As long as there's enough reservations to equal the number of ticket entries over the length of a resort stay the guest should be able to buy tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter