Park report - The Wonder Years filmed in the park!

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
This was a good day in the park. Crowds were relatively low and, despite earlier threats, there wasn’t any rain while I was there (although in the evening it came down pretty hard for a while).

I met a nice family at the rope and helped them to get a good spot in line for PP. The ride was closed at rope drop but a small line had formed nonetheless. I was the first person from the rope to reach the line and at that point there were approximately 40 people – the early entry folk – ahead of us. From the time we got in line until the time be boarded our galleons was only about 15 minutes. Essentially, the only time that I’ll get in line for PP now is when it’s closed when the park opens. Otherwise, it’s about a 30-minute wait.

My first round of Buzz got me a score of 2,068,000, which was an auspicious start ;-). I did OK on subsequent rounds. My second-best score was around 1.5M but, alas, the score didn’t come through, as often happens.

A few interesting things:

As many of you know, much of Adventureland was closed due to the Indiana Jones refurb.

ABC was filming part of an episode of The Wonder Years reboot in Town Square. Since the show is set in the seventies, we got to see several vintage balloons, outfits (including cute plaid one) and old-school DL maps. Dozens if not hundreds of people stood around as the brief scene was shot. At some point a person with the filming crew approached and told me that pics were not allowed. I laughed to myself since there were plenty of guests snapping them. Realistically, they couldn’t be stopped.

At the rope before the park opened, a CM told me that there’s a resort-wide shortage of birthday buttons. They’re out of them entirely, at least for the time being.

Around 10:00 I had a small snack on a bench in Frontierland. I noticed a CM snap a few pics of me from afar. He then approached and handed me a plastic card I could scan to retrieve my pics. Seemed a bit odd. I’ve been to DL at least 200 times and I’ve never seen that happen. Perhaps it’s new. Has this happened to anyone else?

Some park pics.
186B557B-19D0-4F82-AD0A-617BC96D5370.jpeg794CF26A-B0BE-41BB-BF29-E2E877CC8628.jpeg7B854042-6755-46A6-ADEF-0EA5A12ADFD8.jpeg162BAAC2-BF86-4562-A8B8-DC325FAB56A6.jpegF077DCCD-81EF-4974-A8A2-CFF76A28DABB.jpeg97613D01-EDF0-4A0D-B7BF-E857F42C2CD9.jpegAAC48E86-108D-4777-A946-52EDBCCB6F32.jpeg389C584E-C9A2-4038-BBFE-E129D53EE945.jpeg5FB816BE-9E62-4752-AAF4-4085DCB9EDA3.jpegFA22341F-E7DA-41C7-9251-1F24E92783D2.jpeg

How fun! Is that an old school plaid I see? It's giving me Austin Powers vibes 😂

Any chance the CM who took the photos recognized you and wanted you to have some photos of yourself at the parks? Did you use the card to claim them,

The Mickey balloon with the deflated ear has been bugging me so much in all photos I've seen taken of the filming 😂. Can't tell if it's on purpose they left it or if no one noticed that it was like that.

Will be very curious to see if it can be seen when the episode airs.

Great pictures ! Love the Wonder Years pics, costumes etc. Interesting for the CM's to have to even attempt to say "no filming". And that's interesting the CM took pictures of you and gave you a card. Was it for a free download ?

Yay, the rain held off while you were there !

I'm glad "The Wonder Years" is coming back. It's a very sweet show. There are still some scenes from the original series that I remember.

Very cool! I don't watch the Wonder Years but maybe I will try to catch the Disneyland episode. Interesting to see the Dapper Dans in vintage wear and with their bike!

How fun! Is that an old school plaid I see? It's giving me Austin Powers vibes 😂
It is! I thought that was cool too.
Any chance the CM who took the photos recognized you and wanted you to have some photos of yourself at the parks? Did you use the card to claim them,
I imagine so. But he didn't look familiar to me. Maybe it's something they do when things are slow -- I don't know. But it's never happened to me. I haven't checked the pics but perhaps later I will.

Great pictures ! Love the Wonder Years pics, costumes etc. Interesting for the CM's to have to even attempt to say "no filming". And that's interesting the CM took pictures of you and gave you a card. Was it for a free download ?
I believe it was one of the production crew. She didn't have a name badge and didn't exude the typical friendly Disney vibe. I imagine that she was told to say that by whoever was in charge. But what right has she to tell me that? I'm at DL and can take any pic that I like. And did :-). I took pics after that... as did dozens of others.

Haven't looked at the pic download yet. Perhaps I'll do so later.

There's just no way to stop anyone from taking pictures, especially at Disneyland. Looks like they didn't have a sign up or anything, either.

Interesting about the CM taking your picture. Maybe it is a new service? Casual pictures would be kind of cool, but it would be nice if they asked first.

Thanks for the report and photos! Your pictures of the food cases always want me to rush right over there lol.

Love the retro balloons…brings back lots of memories! Also, I’d forgotten about the hats the plaids used to wear, like English riding hats.

Love all your photos as usual, the one with the clouds above the castle is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter