Park report - 7-11-21 + maps

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I got home from the park about an hour ago. Crowds were heavier than I expected - Main Street was pretty packed at rope drop - but later it didn’t feel too bad.

I was first in line for PP but then after I moved through the queue, we hit a locked chain. I should have just opened it but didn’t want to upset the protocol. Then a CM came and opened it the wrong way… and some kid and her siblings shouted “Yea, we’re first” and went ahead of us all. Always hate that but also made an effort not to care very much. They were kids and probably didn’t see it as cutting. I saw a lot of going under and over chains, which I also hate because it can prompt others to do the same. They’re there for a reason.

My first time on Buzz I broke 2M. Second time… missed it by 100! ;-). The main changes that I saw were that the first Zurg now doesn’t move and the pendulum target just before the final tunnel no longer swings. The Alien in a box is still broken and likely always will be. I also broke 2,096,000 about three times and my score reset so it’s now clear that that will never be fixed. Still frustrating but at least Buzz is now open once again. It felt strange to be on it again after all this time.

I spoke with two CMs I haven't seen since the pandemic. Also saw two security CMs I know but only from afar. It was strange to be back in the park with virtually zero masks and no social distancing. I'll take a few more visits to be completely comfortable with that once again. It's not so easy (at least for me) to simply jump back in.

I’ve got a few new maps, if anyone would like one.

A few pics.
F3F9BA43-96D8-4898-99F7-8A71F889BF3C.jpeg

B9C7204E-50A1-42FB-986B-01542B1CCAD4.jpeg

Main Street at around 7:50.
B37A8E91-7132-4593-BCBE-065E1B3701AC.jpeg

B3F80713-E704-4968-AEE7-FB3A5EC06DFC.jpeg

BA72D311-A642-419E-9545-B0F932B77915.jpeg

6878AEF4-47EA-44FD-87D0-00631EB280CD.jpeg

26C9465C-7CC7-4440-858F-C6E8C9E0A0B0.jpeg

F460162E-7F1B-463D-9EB8-36263C762CD2.jpeg

051B0A1A-B238-4B05-80EE-62F323D870FC.jpeg

Last edited:
Yay to getting on Buzz and still being the reigning champ!

That crowd for rope drop looks packed. Do you think keeping people back at Main Street vs. the hub makes of feel worse than it really is?

That crowd for rope drop looks packed. Do you think keeping people back at Main Street vs. the hub makes of feel worse than it really is?
It does. People go in all different directions (though Adventureland/Frontierland to ostensibly Galaxy's Edge seems to be the most popular). I went to Fantasyland for both RDs I did and it was downright comfortable as most people went elsewhere.

It does. People go in all different directions (though Adventureland/Frontierland to ostensibly Galaxy's Edge seems to be the most popular). I went to Fantasyland for both RDs I did and it was downright comfortable as most people went elsewhere.
Agree 100%.

Your Main Street pic makes me wonder if we're really ready for this!
But yes, I think so.
If you still have maps, I'd love one, too.
But more important ... do you have a "secret" to Buzz Lightyear? Your scores are impressive!

Thank you for the share. That Main St. photo gives me all of the emotionsgood and not so good.

Is it possible to be further down Main St. (not at the front) away from the crowds? Or is it basically backed up all the way to the entrance turnstiles?

Is it possible to be further down Main St. (not at the front) away from the crowds? Or is it basically backed up all the way to the entrance turnstiles?
I doubt that the crowds were backed up all the way to the turnstiles. If you prefer to hang back, I suspect that won’t be a problem.

Thank you for the updates and photos, Always love your updates. The photo of the rope drop crowd honesty gives me some anxiety. Looking from the photos there are still a few wearing masks did you notice many during the day. I am hoping to feel more comfortable in a few weeks after my second dose but am not good with change and seeing faces while it is great makes me nervous at work etc. I prob will be the one with a mask still on this fall when if we can make it down.

Look forward to your next updates..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter